Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: San Clemente Screening
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:44 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hey! A few years back there was a special screening of "Brick" in San Clemente (2006 to be exact). Obviously Rian as gone on to bigger, and arguably (?) better things- but I was wondering if anyone has heard whispers of another, similar kind of screening in SC. The guy is definitely busy with Star Wars right now, but it would be so cool to see that movie on the big screen again- plus I'm not too far from San Clemente myself, so, convenience for me...

Anyways, just thought I'd ask. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 am 
Upper Crust

Another screening of Brick? I really doubt it, though maybe a revival house (the New Beverly, for example) could be enticed into doing it, though I dunno if he'd host it. I mean, if I were him, I'd grit my teeth through the next three months of hype, hysteria, and media, take a victory lap once it comes out, then hole up on a remote tropical island with unlimited booze for a very long time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am 
Upper Crust

There's a Landmark theater near me that does midnight screenings every weekend. I feel like they take requests? I bet Brick would play pretty huge once Star Wars comes out. Looper for sure would.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:15 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Rocco wrote:
There's a Landmark theater near me that does midnight screenings every weekend. I feel like they take requests? I bet Brick would play pretty huge once Star Wars comes out. Looper for sure would.

Filing some kind of a request is a good idea. Since the movie was filmed in SC, I wonder if some sorta small-time event could be thrown together...