Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28
 Post subject: Re: LOOPER
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:32 am 
Fearless Flyer

SPOILERS

http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/11/08/thoughts-on-a-test-screening-of-rian-johnsons-looper

Don't read that if you don't want SPOILERS. Because someone went to the screening of it (and it wasn't me, BOO, HISS,) and so this has SPOILERS.

But it is still a really great, in depth review and speaks of some stuff that I had guessed at but wasn't sure. (Like, I had a peek at some on-set photos and I thought Joe looked different to what he normally looks like. And yup, it's makeup to make him look more like Bruce Willis. Now had I been in charge, I would have put makeup on Bruce Willis to make him look like Joe instead, but hey. :lol: )

Anyway, here's one thing that really caught my eye:

Quote:
What most intrigued me about Looper, though, is the way it examines what is heroic.

That is precisely what intrigued me about it too. (Because--total transparency here--I did read the script when it got leaked on IMDB. I've already explained that transgression: I couldn't not do it. I am Pandora the all-gifted who just can't leave her box alone. OMG, no, wait. Back up.)

So I actually wrote this whole big essay thing about how the script examined different kinds of heroism, but obviously I'm not going to post it until after the movie comes out. But in the meantime, if you don't mind spoilers (and actually, this review is kind of light on them; it just tells you what the film is about, not how it ends or anything,) then this is a really awesome link.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28