Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 pm 
Fearless Flyer

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/looper-comparison-joseph-gordon-levitt-bruce-willis-3125/

Lookit, here is a cool article about the makeup and prosthetics in Looper. It doesn't give too much info, just lots of comparisons between Joe and Bruce Willis. It's pretty neat!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

From his Twitter feed, Rian Johnson on comparing the various formats for Looper.

"One of the final steps of the post process is reviewing the prints. So I had the chance to compare footage I was familiar with in three formats - DCP, film struck from a neg that came directly from the digital printer (DO) and film struck from an internegative of an interpositive of the DO (an IN). It was really interesting to see first hand the differences between them, toggling and split-screening.

The DCP looked damn good. Rock solid registration, no dust or scratches. Closest to what we saw and color corrected (digitally).

They put the DO up split screen with the DCP, and at first it suffered by comparison. Registration hopped around, slight color shift, contrast bump. But then my eye adjusted, and by the end I preferred the film. It had a bite to it, and had an indefinable life that the DCP lacked.

Same with the IN, which technically is the most generationally removed from the source and the poorest quality, but ended up being my favorite of the three. It was grainy, slightly crunchy, and beautiful in an organic imperfect way that fidelity can't touch. It looked like a movie."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

https://twitter.com/#!/Loopermovie/stat ... 1065715712
@Loopermovie: Looper teaser will be up on iTunes in an hour! THE TEASING OF THE TEASING WILL END AND THE TEASING WILL BEGIN!

Oh well at least they are really acknowledging the silly marketing gimmick :lol:.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:09 pm 
Fearless Flyer

I can't load the trailer you guys! There's already gifs of it and I can't load it, WAHH.

This is a sphincter clenching moment, right here!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:18 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Okay, I am moving this to the other forum. So sorry! And thanks for catching that.

Last edited by JulesKD on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm 
Upper Crust

"Forum rules

NO SPOILERS ALLOWED! Discussion of the trailer constitutes spoilers and should be conducted in the "Questions, rants, and raves" subforum. "

Jules, you should probably delete your post before mom sees it. I'll start a conversation in the correct subforum.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:45 pm 
Upper Crust

[joke redacted]

Last edited by Day Glo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:59 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:
How can the same shit keep happening to the same guy? Because he was caught in a time-loop!

Oh, thanks...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:04 pm 
Upper Crust

ain't no spoils! Should I delete anyway?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:17 pm 
Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:
ain't no spoils! Should I delete anyway?

I'm no mod (yet) but I would say anything that could even be misconstrued as spoils, jokey joke or otherwise, shouldn't be posted in this subforum. We wouldn't want to tease the emotional sensibilities of those who have not yet seen or are avoiding the trailer(s). There's enough teasing going around these parts as it is...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 am 
Ass. V.P.

Seems like folks are responding well to the teaser. I was honestly worried about the teaser-teaser thing too, and I get the negative reaction, but we tried to make them interview vignettes and not just trailer trailers. Still, I get it. But that's all in the past. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:15 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

rcjohnso wrote:
But that's all in the past. :shock:
Yeah it's all good now. Hell it's all pretty damn awesome now 8).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 am 
Upper Crust

Johnson just released these exclusive images of Noah's "Kid Blue" character from Looper:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Wait...but those gifs have been on the forum for years! Rian really IS a time traveler!

Also: Thanks for removing any spoilers or spoiler-y teasing teaser-spoilers. I've already seen a few gifs from the trailer (TUMBLRRRR *shakes fist*), but I'm trying really hard to avoid everything. Who's with me??

Also also: If someone wanted to post links to the trailer and all the teasers here, so I can just cut and paste them into the Linklist without hunting for them, it would be super-extra appreciated, and be remembered in the distant, misty future when this forum is big enough for me to assemble a team of thugs to help moderate the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:00 pm 
Fearless Flyer

rcjohnso wrote:
Seems like folks are responding well to the teaser. I was honestly worried about the teaser-teaser thing too, and I get the negative reaction, but we tried to make them interview vignettes and not just trailer trailers. Still, I get it. But that's all in the past. :shock:

Naww, naww it's cool, it's like the longest and most involved movie foreplay EVER, but some people are into that.

I'm just going to not take that analogy any further though. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next