Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 pm 
The Pin's Mom

It occurs to me that, with the trailer nearby, it's time to create two separate Looper subforums: spoilers and spoiler-free. It seems like just yesterday I was deciding to create a separate Looper forum! They grow up so fast.

I am making this forum into the spoiler-free area, and creating a new subforum to discuss the trailer and, eventually, the film itself! If there are any threads herein that you think would be better continued in the spoiler forum, please link them here.

AND REMEMBER: If you post spoilers in the spoiler-free forum, I will personally employ a gypsy curse of horrifying ramifications upon your immortal soul.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

sarahalyse wrote:
AND REMEMBER: If you post spoilers in the spoiler-free forum, I will personally employ a gypsy curse of horrifying ramifications upon your immortal soul.

May black widow spiders set up camp in you coccyx.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3247
I love Devin Faraci's reviews and articles. I read that Looper screening article even before I noticed that thread here. And even though it doesn't really spoil things in a big way, I kinda regretted it. Wanted to avoid it, but couldn't. It was a moment of weakness :|. So yeah that thread is more for the spoilers forum.

I blame the studio or maybe Rian for allowing that test screening in the first place :P. I understand it probably helps creates the required buzz and helps him and his crew make notes before adding final touches to the movie in terms of editing and presentation to the audience. And more so to get early honest opinions about his work from his peers and critics.

Still feel the screening should have been closer to the release in September, so that EVERYONE is more excited during its actual release.

Teaser, Trailer and perhaps a 30 seconds TV Spot. Keep everything else contained till the release. And hell with these online releases of opening 5 and 10 minutes of the movie and 25 minutes movie footage presentation :x.

Oh I forgot to mention another thing (yeah I know, as if I hadn't ranted enough already). Something else that bothered me more was knowing that the screening was held without Nathan Johnson's complete score. In words of Abed..Not cool, not cool, not cool.

Last edited by Spideristic on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:39 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Thanks, Vivek!