Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:37 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

{Unimportant Introduction MumboJumbo}
Well, hello, hello hello!

Although it says that our newest member is lah-di-dah, I am not all that new to these pages... only, I have been waay too absent-minded and lazy to look my old alias up. So I picked a new user name (ever since I found out a couple of days back that lah-di-dah is a way of dismissing a man dressed in yellow cycling Spandex with a silly walk in New Orleans I was eager to use it somewhere. It made me chuckle.) So after innumerable obstacles, such as crying for departed mothers of long lost dinosaurs, count of hands I got lucky by typing C-3PO in the CAPTCHA box and here I am.

Nice to see you all!

{Reason for posting, so you might want to take a peak}

Couple of days back a friend and I were discussing upcoming movies we were excited about, and of course "Looper" came up. I loved the idea from the start, and in all sincerity I thought it was brilliant approach to the matter. Of course, I wanted to know more before going to the theatre.

I have so far read bunch of articles, seen a lot of interviews and browsed trough reviews, which has only left me wanting for more.

I then remembered that the best place to ask about more details would be these threads. I recall that other Rian's movies were accompanied by some texts, for example for Brick, there was the novella, and for the Brothers Bloom, there was the actual script available on the internet, so I was wondering whether there is something similar for this one?
I really enjoyed reading all that stuff, and am not afraid of spoilers.

Can accept a no for an answer.

Also... Not sure if I should be posting this on a spoiler free thread.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:26 pm 
Upper Crust

I saw someplace--I think it was Twitter--that the script will be made available around the time of DVD release. Apparently it was a two-page short story a long time back, not sure that will ever see the light of day.

There are early drafts of the script floating around, I know Jules has a copy, I haven't looked for them because I wanted to remain unspoilt. Maybe I'll look into them someday.

Also: Hi, welcome, etc. I'm no good at this sort of thing. Sarah will be by in a moment with exclamation points.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Welcome back! I'm going to make a stab in the dark...specialcracker?

I would dearly love to read that two-page Looper story. I bet Naeim would be on board to throw down an illustration or two!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Thanks Justin, now I know who to focus my constant "can I, please have the draft" bugging on. Or maybe I should just wait a little bit longer and acquire it legally, although, I am interested in finding out how the story itself developed from stage one :roll:

Sarah: Nice try, but nah... if it helps jug the memory, I'm for Montenegro only my English was far worse (attrocious is a term that comes to mind), and I was a great deal more dorky. :oops: I really barely remember my brickster alter ego and I have no clue as to what my then-e-mail was, but I do remember taking some great cues regarding movies, shows and books (hat off to maxfrost, take a bow good sir) off of these pages, that's why I get a feeling I will be always coming back here with one alias or another, but "a rose by any other name"... As you can see, it took me almost two months to reply to this one post, so I almost had to create a new identity (The Spambot Me :mrgreen: ) One of those "be careful what you wish for" thingies, which are, largely, unimportant.

On a more important notice, I was able to catch couple of screenings shortly after posting which sincerely me one very happy bumblebee, if somewhat buzzing with questions, but I will leave those for other spoilerbound threads.

So yep.. there you have it. I'm (currently) back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:21 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Thank you, thank you, very much...

A lot of people have been posting some good stuff on the Movie Reactions Thread for some time now, so do yourself a favor and catch up on that and find yourself some really good flix.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:06 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

606 pages? It's not a thread it's a Russian 19th century novel!

I am sure I will love it. Thanks.