Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: My replica Blunderbuss
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hey there, everyone! First post here, even though I've loved ALL of RJ's films. I just wanted to share the replica blunderbuss that I've been working on. I've been working on it for about two weeks, but those of us at the Replica Prop Forum have been researching the blunderbuss (as well as other props and costumes from "Looper") ever since the first stills were released. You can find the whole Looper/Blunderbuss WIP thread here:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/looper-blunderbuss-shotgun-wip-pics-begin-page-142537/index3.html

Thanks for checking it out and I'd love to see what the diehard RJ fans think of my work.

-Jonaas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 am 
Upper Crust

That looks like really terrific work, man. Can't wait to see it completed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Thanks, Day Glo! I'm actually really pumped right now because one of my forum members at the Replica Prop Forum tweeted RJ about the blunderbuss and RJ approved! I've been on paternity leave for the past two weeks and I'm spending the next month cycling between caring for my newborn son, Jack and completing this blunderbuss. I'll post finished pictures here when it's all done.

-Jonaas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 am 
Fearless Flyer

WHOA, nice work!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm 
The Pin's Mom

I cannot even express my glee that someone is putting so much work intro recreating a prop from Looper. Your WIP pics look amazing, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:03 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

sarahalyse wrote:
I cannot even express my glee that someone is putting so much work intro recreating a prop from Looper. Your WIP pics look amazing, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

I was OBSESSED with the blunderbuss when I saw the first trailer, so I've been planning my replica for a while now. But as soon as the movie came out, I got flooded with orders for a cast of my finished gun. I'll post up finished pics here when I'm finished, but the link I put in the first post will always be active.

As for OTHER props from the movie, there are several members of the Replica Prop Forum who're each tackling the other distinctive props including bars of silver, Joe's watch, and Sarah and Joe's frog alarm. I've also been researching eye dropper vials, but I know that the ones used in the movie were individually glassblown, so I doubt I'll be able to find a perfect match.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!
-Jonaas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:27 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people joking that they'd love to get their hands on one of those frogs - though I expect that has more to do with the prospect of Joe or Emily being on the other end than with a prop design.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:20 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

My blunderbuss run numbers 30 (30 blunderbusses, 30 years until time-travel is invented). So far, I have 28 slots left. If anyone here wants a resin cast copy, please PM me ASAP.

-Jonaas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

sarahalyse wrote:
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people joking that they'd love to get their hands on one of those frogs - though I expect that has more to do with the prospect of Joe or Emily being on the other end than with a prop design.

My current plans to replicate the frogs involves buying two sets of frog keychains, switching out the innards of one and stuffing it into the other, and then figuring out a way to wire them both to activate each other, much like the movie. If I figure it out, I'll be pressing them repeatedly until either Emily Blunt OR JGL show up at my door :lol:

-Jonaas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 pm 
The Pin's Mom

FakeBritishAccent wrote:
If I figure it out, I'll be pressing them repeatedly until either Emily Blunt OR JGL show up at my door :lol:

A man after my own heart. Keep your options open, that's what I always say.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:08 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hi everyone!
I need a blunderbuss replica.
Has anyone an idea?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:52 am 
The Pin's Mom

FakeBritishAccent wrote:
My blunderbuss run numbers 30 (30 blunderbusses, 30 years until time-travel is invented). So far, I have 28 slots left. If anyone here wants a resin cast copy, please PM me ASAP.

That's the man to ask!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:20 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

So my I finished my blunderbuss prototype and last week it was used for a CollegeHumor.com Looper parody. I'm currently in the process of molding the blunderbuss for casting, but here's a link to the finished gun at every angle before I tore it down:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/looper-blunderbuss-finished-prototype-gallery-pg-13-a-142537/index13.html#post2541101

sarahalyse wrote:
FakeBritishAccent wrote:

That's the man to ask!

Unfortunately, I've completely sold out all 30 guns. I may be reissuing them when the DVD/Bluray comes out, but only if there's interest.

-Jonaas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am 
The Pin's Mom

Sorry, I had to post this side-by-side here. Look at that detail! Fucking amazing!

I am completely new to the world of prop replication, and I am thoroughly wowed by your efforts. That is amazing. Please post the College Humor video here when it's up!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:02 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/68535 ... th-himself

Here's the sketch! Even throughout filming, I was afraid of what Rian would think of it...but apparently, he loves it!

-Jonaas