Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:27 pm 
Fearless Flyer

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30/star-wars-release-dates YooooooOOOoooOOOooOOO I didn't know he was doing 9 too? :D

And then: http://www.inquisitr.com/2669539/rian-johnson-will-make-the-weird-star-wars-8-youre-looking-for/

(I really hope that "weird" means "first queer protagonist" and "no one you like will die!" but hey!)

Quote:
The theory is that lead character Rey (Daisy Ridley) is in reality Anakin Skywalker reincarnated. The Star Wars series has never gone down that path before with any of its universe’s characters or events, and Rian Johnson could be just the type of director to make it work.

I think that'd be cool! But, wasn't Anakin a Force ghost? Or could you do both things? That would be interesting.

What do you all think?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm 
Hash Head

The weirder the better! That sounds really cool!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:41 am 
Upper Crust

JulesKD wrote:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30/star-wars-release-dates YooooooOOOoooOOOooOOO I didn't know he was doing 9 too? :D

And then: http://www.inquisitr.com/2669539/rian-johnson-will-make-the-weird-star-wars-8-youre-looking-for/

(I really hope that "weird" means "first queer protagonist" and "no one you like will die!" but hey!)

Quote:
The theory is that lead character Rey (Daisy Ridley) is in reality Anakin Skywalker reincarnated. The Star Wars series has never gone down that path before with any of its universe’s characters or events, and Rian Johnson could be just the type of director to make it work.

I think that'd be cool! But, wasn't Anakin a Force ghost? Or could you do both things? That would be interesting.

What do you all think?

That's nuts, but it would play with Maz Kanata's line from the trailer (cut from the film) "I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people. I know your eyes." (In the movie that conversation is redirected and reshot to be about Finn, but it makes sense, non?)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:34 am 
Fearless Flyer

^ AHHHHH YES! I figured she was talking about archetypes and similar circumstances and such, but yes!

Which would make me wonder how much of this was planned out in advance? Because other articles gave me the impression that they gave Rian the script to VII and just said, "IDK do what you want bro." :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:04 am 
Upper Crust

Yeah, even more than that: I'm fairly certain I've read that some of the reshoots/ADR on TFA were things that Rian asked for in order to set up what he wanted to do in VIII. I wonder if the reason we don't get an answer about who Rey is is because Rian asked them to hold back on it and leave it for him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:32 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Yo, now THAT is badass! I'm not even over VII yet and already I can't wait for VIII.