Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:39 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'm just wondering, because many people claim that she is not straight, most of them are joking, but honestly, I think it would be cool!
It would be a huge step for LGBTQ+ women, considering most of the movies representing lesbians are not well made, are ALWAYS romantic, and usually end up poorly. I think it would be quite interesting to have a queer lady as a protagonist for a sci-fi/action movie such as Star Wars.

It would be nice to have a badass queer woman as a protagonist for an action movie.

Just a thought, please don't attack me lol :D

Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 pm 
Hash Head

Maybe she is into aliens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:32 pm 
Upper Crust

I really want the love stories to take a back seat in this trilogy, regardless of the sexual orientation of the characters. It was awesome when it was implied in 4,5, and 7, but in the prequels and kind of in 6 when they actually try and do love story arcs it is horrible.

I think the Oscar Isaac being gay theory is my favorite, but I really think Rey and Finn are going to wind up together.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:34 pm 
Upper Crust

Rocco wrote:
I think the Oscar Isaac being gay theory is my favorite, but I really think Rey and Finn are going to wind up together.

THIS.

Quote:

But probably this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:38 pm 
Upper Crust

circuitsnake wrote:

Quote:

But probably this.

haha. The inter-species relationships in scifi always rub me the wrong way. Really hope they don't go that direction. Although, in the SW universe pretty much everyone is from a different planet. Technically Han and Leia are different species, no? or can there be "humans" from different planets?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:39 pm 
Upper Crust

In a story where interstellar travel only takes a few hours, who's to say which species originated on which planet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:52 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Rocco wrote:
I really want the love stories to take a back seat in this trilogy, regardless of the sexual orientation of the characters. It was awesome when it was implied in 4,5, and 7, but in the prequels and kind of in 6 when they actually try and do love story arcs it is horrible.

I hope Rey and Finn don't end up getting together, not because they wouldn't be good together or anything, it would just be so predictable. I also believe in that Oscar Isaac being gay/bi theory, as he said in an interview he was playing "romance", and he mostly interacted with Finn...so...maybe Finn and Poe might end up together? That would be fucking awesome.

Last edited by goldiekasia on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 pm 
Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:
In a story where interstellar travel only takes a few hours, who's to say which species originated on which planet?

Good point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:16 pm 
Upper Crust

Rocco wrote:
Day Glo wrote:

Good point.

Wasn't she the only humanoid on that plant? How long was she trapped in that weird civilization? People get lonely living in an AT-AT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:35 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Rocco wrote:
circuitsnake wrote:

Quote:

But probably this.

haha. The inter-species relationships in scifi always rub me the wrong way. Really hope they don't go that direction. Although, in the SW universe pretty much everyone is from a different planet. Technically Han and Leia are different species, no? or can there be "humans" from different planets?

The humans are all listed as "human" on the wiki, and in the new canon (and old canon) novelizations and little extras and things like that.

It's funny, because so many people seem to think that SW is futuristic or actually takes place in the future, even while the most iconic phrase is "A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY..."

Which is sort of really neat, because we can pretend that Star Wars humans colonized Earth and then forgot about us, or something. :lol:

But yeah, all the humans are human.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:04 am 
Upper Crust

circuitsnake wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Day Glo wrote:

Good point.

Wasn't she the only humanoid on that plant? How long was she trapped in that weird civilization? People get lonely living in an AT-AT

No, there's an old lady at the trading post.