Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:39 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:34 pm
Posts: 2
I'm just wondering, because many people claim that she is not straight, most of them are joking, but honestly, I think it would be cool!
It would be a huge step for LGBTQ+ women, considering most of the movies representing lesbians are not well made, are ALWAYS romantic, and usually end up poorly. I think it would be quite interesting to have a queer lady as a protagonist for a sci-fi/action movie such as Star Wars.

It would be nice to have a badass queer woman as a protagonist for an action movie.

Just a thought, please don't attack me lol :D


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:07 pm 
Offline
Hash Head

Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:48 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Eureka, CA
Maybe she is into aliens.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:32 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 1105
I really want the love stories to take a back seat in this trilogy, regardless of the sexual orientation of the characters. It was awesome when it was implied in 4,5, and 7, but in the prequels and kind of in 6 when they actually try and do love story arcs it is horrible.

I think the Oscar Isaac being gay theory is my favorite, but I really think Rey and Finn are going to wind up together.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:34 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:18 am
Posts: 2551
Rocco wrote:
I think the Oscar Isaac being gay theory is my favorite, but I really think Rey and Finn are going to wind up together.



THIS.


Quote:
Maybe she is into aliens.



But probably this.

_________________
"Do you know what brings rats, mice, snakes up out of they hole?
Chonkyfire, spliced with rock n'roll indubitably, piper pied." - Andre 3000


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:38 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 1105
circuitsnake wrote:


Quote:
Maybe she is into aliens.



But probably this.


haha. The inter-species relationships in scifi always rub me the wrong way. Really hope they don't go that direction. Although, in the SW universe pretty much everyone is from a different planet. Technically Han and Leia are different species, no? or can there be "humans" from different planets?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:39 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 am
Posts: 2683
Location: UK
In a story where interstellar travel only takes a few hours, who's to say which species originated on which planet?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:52 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:34 pm
Posts: 2
Rocco wrote:
I really want the love stories to take a back seat in this trilogy, regardless of the sexual orientation of the characters. It was awesome when it was implied in 4,5, and 7, but in the prequels and kind of in 6 when they actually try and do love story arcs it is horrible.

I think the Oscar Isaac being gay theory is my favorite, but I really think Rey and Finn are going to wind up together.


I hope Rey and Finn don't end up getting together, not because they wouldn't be good together or anything, it would just be so predictable. I also believe in that Oscar Isaac being gay/bi theory, as he said in an interview he was playing "romance", and he mostly interacted with Finn...so...maybe Finn and Poe might end up together? That would be fucking awesome.


Last edited by goldiekasia on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 1105
Day Glo wrote:
In a story where interstellar travel only takes a few hours, who's to say which species originated on which planet?


Good point.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:16 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:18 am
Posts: 2551
Rocco wrote:
Day Glo wrote:
In a story where interstellar travel only takes a few hours, who's to say which species originated on which planet?


Good point.


Wasn't she the only humanoid on that plant? How long was she trapped in that weird civilization? People get lonely living in an AT-AT

_________________
"Do you know what brings rats, mice, snakes up out of they hole?
Chonkyfire, spliced with rock n'roll indubitably, piper pied." - Andre 3000


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:35 pm 
Offline
Fearless Flyer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:51 am
Posts: 794
Rocco wrote:
circuitsnake wrote:


Quote:
Maybe she is into aliens.



But probably this.


haha. The inter-species relationships in scifi always rub me the wrong way. Really hope they don't go that direction. Although, in the SW universe pretty much everyone is from a different planet. Technically Han and Leia are different species, no? or can there be "humans" from different planets?


The humans are all listed as "human" on the wiki, and in the new canon (and old canon) novelizations and little extras and things like that.

It's funny, because so many people seem to think that SW is futuristic or actually takes place in the future, even while the most iconic phrase is "A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY..."

Which is sort of really neat, because we can pretend that Star Wars humans colonized Earth and then forgot about us, or something. :lol:

But yeah, all the humans are human.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is Rey Straight?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:04 am 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:23 am
Posts: 2683
Location: UK
circuitsnake wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Day Glo wrote:
In a story where interstellar travel only takes a few hours, who's to say which species originated on which planet?


Good point.


Wasn't she the only humanoid on that plant? How long was she trapped in that weird civilization? People get lonely living in an AT-AT

No, there's an old lady at the trading post.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited