Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:51 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Dear Mr. Rian Johnson,

To the best of my deductive abilities I put together the idea that Rey, may be the granddaughter of Obi Wan. For this scenario, and just for fun, I wrote a small scene to reveal such a moment. If not, well it was still fun to write! I have a little experience in writing as I'm a worldwide published author. Not that it changes anything. I'm sorry if this is just more fan annoyance, but I had this nice little idea and this is the only place I could think to put it.

If this actually gets done, it would be amazingly surreal,
M.O

I imagine this to happen at the later stage of her training, with Luke being a somewhat stern, little pessimistic, and aggressively opposed to the dark side; what with Kylo and all.
So, without further - (ha)

Luke: This once belonged to a most powerful master of the force. My father Anakin, wielded it, when he was known as Darth Vader. I want you to feel its power of the dark side; know its temptation so you can resist it. If you cannot, then you must never again use the force, for it will consume you.

At night, Rey wakes, to answer the call of Vader’s saber. Once taken, she flees from it and with it, staring at it in relentless terror. She stops, to the appearance of a black hooded figure.

Rey: Who are you?? in shivering fright.

Black hood: You would not learn more of my name, as I would from the lack of yours. – pause – Though I know you.

Rey: But I do not know you!

Hood: But of course, it is my saber you handle.

Rey: Anakin...?

Darth Vader: Why… Yes… I had not been called so in many ages. The last who had, suffered ill fate. -Pause - You feel the force, do you not… Rey.

Rey: *confused* How do you… - *curiously* I do...

Vader: Indeed. It surrounds us, and connects us, to our most beloved. When I cut the life force of my once dearest friend, I felt great anguish, echoing, his loss was felt by another. For all my terrors, I could never forgive the death of my greatest mentor.

*Single frame flash of Obi Wan’s death through Rey’s eyes*

Befuddled look on Rey’s face, suggesting: how can I see this, I was never there!

Rey: I… don’t understand! – beginning to pant and distress

Vader: Obi Wan was a clever man, to safeguard in hiding matters of great importance… But, - slowly - he could not, hide… You

*Music Climax*

… Rey Kenobi.

Rey sees visions of Obi Wan’s son abandoning her on the desert planet, telling her slaver to “protect her at all costs, your life depends on it”.

Vader: He never wanted your part in this, he wanted a haven for you. And so he could never bring himself to reveal it to you. Though he could not know, the force would awaken you. An heiress to the master of the Skywalkers.

Rey is suspended in breath during Vader’s speech, and breaks down. Vader envelops her in commanding embrace, turns her head to look in his own eyes, and says

Vader: The force is strong with you Rey, more than you know. You must end the evil I brought, and do what Obi Wan had tried, following my vanquish. To end, the darkness.
The suffering I endured to have killed my mentor, sparkled light in me to save my own son. Only in my last moments could I see it was Obi Wan’s wish in his surrender. The scars of the dark side corrupted me, and so you must keep them within you, to forever know the pain it brings. Wield its power as a weapon; never succumb to it. As these are not your hurts to bear, learn from them. Take my saber, to become more powerful than any Jedi or Sith could have ever been, and bring an end to conflict. I, will always guide your hand, away from the dark side of the force, to keep true to your calling. Remember my tale – *fading*.

As Vader’s image fades, Rey takes heart with his saber, to wield both his and Obi Wan’s. As she unleashes them, placing them in perfect balance, looking to Vader’s, she understands the importance of not fearing the dark side, being the only virtue to never succumb to it.

Rey says faintly: Always, Anakin Skywalker.

Notes:
Darth Vader/ Anakin, should be voiced by the unmatched James Earl Jones.
Here, Rey becomes the best and most powerful version she could possibly be, wielding two light sabers to add to her already high badassery factor. I would imagine a construct to make the sabers connectable, since she is already adept with a staff. Darth maul was the best thing out of the prequels so why not. As a fan I can say this moment would chill me to the bone, as well as gasp in awesomeness for dual lightsabre awesomeness, matching uniqueness factor with Kylo Ren's saber. Please consider seriously, if at all possible :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm 
Hash Head

Love is forbidden to the Jedi. To my knowledge, Obi-wan seems to have been faithful to such an oath. How could Rey be of his offspring? Perhaps, the question of why is love forbidden is a good question? Is it merely for the purpose of maintaining focus, or are there other reasons?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:35 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'd say the story would shoehorn it with no problem, because she needs to be the daughter of someone who carries the force from that time. Luke probably didn't have children because we know he was busy teaching and then broke to being a hermit. So that leaves an only logical candidate being Obi Wan before the original trilogy, since Leia had only Ben With Han, darth vader wouldn't have any other children, and Yoda is a different species... Also, there are several nods to Obi Wan and Rey mirroring with her carrying his saber that he gave to Luke, both actor's voices being heard in the flashback and so on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:04 pm 
Hash Head

On the other hand, Anakin was born without a father, and to a mother, Shmi, who had no apparent force aptitude.
Pretty cool ideas, though. I wouldn't want to rule anything out, generally.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:18 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Well this was a possible case scenario, if it is I just had the idea for how to unfold the idea without being too reminiscent of "I am your father" whilst keeping some legacy.