Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 3:09 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Rogue One
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:48 pm 
Upper Crust

The At Ats were awesome imagery but I definitely agree with the Red Letter Media assessment of both them and the rest of the film.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:20 am 
Fearless Flyer

So it wasn't just me! I really felt the awe of seeing them as if for the first time; it was so intense!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm 
Upper Crust

JulesKD wrote:
So it wasn't just me! I really felt the awe of seeing them as if for the first time; it was so intense!

Absolutely how I felt when I saw the trailer. And even when I saw the movie. But then when you think about it... haha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 pm 
Upper Crust

So me nerding out here but the AT-ATs are actually AT-ACTs which is a different transportation "light-weight" version of the design. I know that's not something you should know going into the film, but that's why they are so easily destroyed. Difference between a real Hummer and a Hummer h2 or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:59 pm 
Upper Crust

Yeah, the ACT's are like transport versions, instead of tanks like the AT's. That's why they have the orange box in the center. That's like a cargo thing. But they'll always be AT-AT's to me.

I'm a huge nerd.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 pm 
Upper Crust

But why are they the go-to defense for that base? On Hoth it was just kill everything in sight. This should have been more precise, as badass as it was to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 pm 
Upper Crust

Makes sense to me--the whole planet has a shield, why have heavy ground combat things cluttering the place up? It's not like anyone could ever get thr--oh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:34 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

:mrgreen: where to start? ok easy. the floating head of my college chum, ok the person seeing me reset my face outside of a shared restroom when my college boyfriend wasn't in love with me anymore. that face, is on a star wars review i'm insisting on playing decades later....
i find it disembodied floating around the trailers i'm rewatching of rogue one; now that i'm home with my best friend. no, don't fire up the xbox one game, yes i'm excited to rope some at acts legs too! but, i need to see the sweeping pans across the skies FIRST.....no, just a second.... i have to see the (no spoilers) things crashing and well lets just get this right.....

stardust. let me get this right. the face floating was jarring to me trying to relive my star wars experiences because WHAT IN FIVE PARSECS is RIAN DOING IN STAR WARS. youtube, redo your shiz! that was some crazy kloud at korean bbq pre movie.

?

this is how i know rian was on the scene, the first shot and my kloud beer, was just good mead. kinda thing.
so yes i do get korean bbq and talk about space programs at the same time. go figure.

rogue one opens with stars that show through the mesh tech panel on a ship that is in front of the stars themselves. the stars literally twinkle and THIS is why i love rogue one. i loved it prior to knowing if rian had anything to do with this. last i knew he was nice and let me tromp around on bricks set when my mom was magically recovering from cancer. anyway rian is a dear friend and the stars!!!!! are why i enjoy this work in particular. RIAN, you fick it. nicely! why not pick on actors or writers or anything else. forget it. the stars twinkling in space make all the difference. that is enough for me and now the real meat. i cried at that detail and it harkened long hours at usc film school classes and wrestling with raising my hand or not to comment. rian would always be the college friend insisting that i speak. this is another time i can't hold myself back. johnson, the twinkling stars had tears in my eyes in 4 seconds flat. good work!

carnivore as i am, i was telling myself i would have nothing to sink my teeth into plot or character dev wise with another star wars based film. i avoided the theatres and let angry addicts and miscreants say it was the same let down as the last three and yawned and turned over in my disabled sickbed laughingly debating, this is going to cheat me out of seeing arrival, isn't it? my best friend took me in denver, we went out for korean bbq first to make sure i didn't feel :hungry: dealing with potentially bullshit new jar jars or laughable flat star space backgrounds. even the 70s did their best to sparkle! so Rian delivers but i had no way to know it was his artistic eye that could pull this "lets make more star wars movies" concept out of the fire.
thanks rian

you have been a jedi in my life in more ways than one.
thanks for making my heartbreak more than a comedy
i got to believe in jen and that was more than i can say for my college dreams

besos
the fat girl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 am 
Upper Crust

sinesta wrote:
where to start? ...so Rian delivers but i had no way to know it was his artistic eye that could pull this "lets make more star wars movies" concept out of the fire.
thanks rian

I didn't understand a lot of this, but heads up - Rian was not involved in Rogue One. Rian's Star Wars will be Episode VIII, which comes out later this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:38 pm 
Upper Crust

This is a beautiful mystery.

But yeah, all Rian had to to with Rogue One was a teeny cameo. The as-yet-unnamed Episode VIII is all his.

(I mean, it's named already, he just hasn't told anyone yet.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm 
Fearless Flyer

WAIT WHAT CAMEO?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

YOU, you luscious hunk of womanhood!

sorry ... lost my head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 pm 
Upper Crust

JulesKD wrote:
WAIT WHAT CAMEO?

He and Ram were Death Star Laser Tunnel Guys (I think that's what Kenner called them): http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1536260 ... o-he-plays

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:08 pm 
Upper Crust

LMAO that's awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:20 pm 
Upper Crust

haha. totally missed that. That'll be a fun bit of trivia to pass around the theater.