Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:56 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:14 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'm not sure this is the place for it, but hell, it's worth a shot. I wrote a SW script a year ago, and am looking for reads. I took the prequel universe after Ep III and shook it up. It's a self contained adventure, but could easily be augmented to meet a three picture arc.

This is a full-on, honest to goodness sequel to Episode III, that closes some gaps, introduces new, fresh ideas, and continues on the journey of one of the SW universes most beloved of characters.

Opening crawl:

It has been ten years since the rise of the Empire. Executive Order 66 has all but wiped out the Jedi order, and only a handful remain.

It is a fragile time in the galaxy, for a new fear is spreading. Younglings are being taken from their homes. Dozens have vanished without a trace.

The nature of these disappearances seems random, and the Empire has denied involvement. Fearing talks of rebellion, Emperor Palpatine has dispatched his most trusted servant, Darth Vader, to investigate...

I have stayed true to the lore, and have some REALLY nerdy references in there for the most devout of fans. If any of you have the time, I would really appreciate it!

* How is the tone?
* Are the characters true to their previous incarnations?
* How did you find the plot?
* Were you surprised by any of it?
* Is it a fun read?
* Is there anything you'd wish to see more of/less of?

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Vbxe ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:30 pm 
Upper Crust

I may have been half-asleep but I think they announced that the third prequel would be Obi-Wan's story earlier today. In any case, Rian can't accept any scripts or even look at them as it exposes him (and now kinda LFL) to massive liability if there's any resemblance to anything he does in the future.

You don't need to remove or edit the post (and I won't either since he is very rarely around here these days), but while we're all fans of Rian and Star Wars, this probably isn't the best place for feedback on your project.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm 
Upper Crust

I'd be up for a Trainspotting Obi-Wan mashup of Obi-wan getting hooked on Heroine on Tatooine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 pm 
Upper Crust

I was going to do a "Choose x" riff with Star Wars stuff but it's 4:30 on a Friday and no one else is in the office k bye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:39 am 
Upper Crust

Justin wrote:
I was going to do a "Choose x" riff with Star Wars stuff but it's 4:30 on a Friday and no one else is in the office k bye

Choose Life. Choose the light side of the Force. Choose a lightsaber. Choose the Jedi. Choose a fucking big landspeeder, choose astromech droids, starships, secret plans and a mission to Alderaan. Choose flowing robes. Choose retiring to the desert planet of Tatooine and wondering who the fuck you are on a Lifeday morning. Choose sitting in your hovel watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing holograms, stuffing fucking blue milk into your mouth. Choose fading away at the end of it all, fighting your last in the Death Star, nothing more than an inspiration to the selfish, fucked up brats you trained to replace yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm 
Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:
Justin wrote:

Choose Life. Choose the light side of the Force. Choose a lightsaber. Choose the Jedi. Choose a fucking big landspeeder, choose astromech droids, starships, secret plans and a mission to Alderaan. Choose flowing robes. Choose retiring to the desert planet of Tatooine and wondering who the fuck you are on a Lifeday morning. Choose sitting in your hovel watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing holograms, stuffing fucking blue milk into your mouth. Choose fading away at the end of it all, fighting your last in the Death Star, nothing more than an inspiration to the selfish, fucked up brats you trained to replace yourself.

You're getting a raise on Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 pm 
Upper Crust

Hell yeah, baby - this nerf herder's headed to Canto Bight! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 pm 
Upper Crust

SOMEBODY CALL KATHLEEN KENNEDY THIS IS FUCKING GENIUS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:04 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:
Justin wrote:

Bravo!