Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:48 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

I heard they're filming a new Star Wars movie close to where I stay in Scotland. I know most people are speculating that this will be the beginning of Rian's trilogy. I've been looking for ways to gain experience in the industry since I'm studying film at college. I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of people who are looking for runners or even extra's for the film. it's a personal goal of mine to work on a Star Wars movie no matter how important the role so I would be over the moon if I actually managed to work on set, even if its just as a runner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:30 am 
Hash Head

Just hang around town and either try to be really good-looking or act like an alien. :) :)

Just kidding... I don't have any useful suggestions. But that WOULD be pretty awesome to contribute to a Star Wars movie. Good luck - I hope you are able to make it... And don't forget to enjoy the journey on your way to reaching your goals!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Or look like a good-looking alien.

Just sayin'...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 pm 
Upper Crust

I saw the reports about Scotland too, and the speculation that it was Rian's trilogy. I think IX is due to start shooting quite soon (VIII was scheduled to start around the second week of January initially, then got moved back a few weeks), so that's far far likelier.

Plus, the third prequel hasn't even been announced, has it? There's limited space (heh) at the studio--not that there aren't other studios in the world, but having all the backstage folk in one spot (not to mention props and whatnot) is a clear benefit. I'd figure IX shoots through summer, we get a third prequel announcement (and possibly beginning of shooting) around May, then maybe next year Rian gets rolling with his.

I've been sort of following Rian's pre- and post-release promotional schedule, and no one deserves a year off more than him right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 pm 
Hash Head

Last I heard, Rian hadn't written the trilogy, or really even begun to write it, and that was only last month.
I'm guessing that the filming location for the trilogy is undetermined.