Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:59 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Dear Mr. Johnson, my best friend is dying from stage IV colon cancer. Jamon Scott Wilson is 42 years old and just today entered a hospice home in Peoria Illinois because the disease has spread through too much of his body and his organs are shutting down. He has been fighting this terrible disease for 6 agonizing years and it seems his body has finally given up the fight. He has seen some great doctors in some of the best hospitals--including MD Anderson in Houston, and they have all said there is nothing more they can do. My friend will more than likely leave this world within a week.

I was with Jamon and a couple more of our closest friends for the grand opening of Episode 7--The Force Awakens. We all went to the earliest showing and then watched it again immediately after in the same auditorium. And as much as I would love for the four of us to be together again to watch The Last Jedi, I know now that it’s not going to happen.

I’m writing this message to ask you to please offer my friend, Jamon a private viewing of The Last Jedi. If possible, with his wife, Angie and two sons, Ethan & Grayson, who are age 10 & 7. I know it would put a huge smile on his face and brighten up his final days.

Jamon is a wonderful human being. He is probably the nicest, most laid back person I know, always with a positive attitude and friendly smile on his face. It’s not fair that he be taken from us. Period. Especially this early in his life. His family is losing a wonderful father. The Aerospace and Defense company, Lockheed Martin is losing a great programmer. I am losing my best friend. Star Wars is losing one of its greatest fans.

Mr. Johnson, I'm terribly sorry to have posted this on your forum but I didn't know how else to reach you. I would greatly appreciate this favor. Should you choose to proceed, my friend Jamon will be staying at the OSF Richard L. Owens Hospice Home. 8630 Illinois State Route 91. Peoria, IL 61615. Thank you so much for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Martin Scott Wilson (my friend and I have very similar names, but I assure you we are different people)
martinscottwilson@gmail.com

PS. If any other readers of this message has another idea of how to get Rian to read this, please respond. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:23 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Mr. Johnson,

I am Scott Wilson's sister and I know how much he cares for Jamon! Please, please, please consider the private viewing for Jamon and his family. This would mean the world to, not only Jamon, but his wife and children.

For those on this site and other sites, please get this viral so that Rian will see and consider my brother's request. TIA!

April

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:36 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hi Rian,

We appreciate your time in reading these messages. I know Scott as well and currently spending time with him here in hospice. Our group of friends and family are all life long Star War fans and Scott is the biggest fan of us all. He was keeping us updated on the Last Jedi news, trailers, and was planning for us all to meet up for the Last Jedi movie opening. His condition is deteriorating quickly and he isn't going to make it to the opening.

If you have the ability to provide this special showing for our friend, it would be an incredible moment for him during this impossible time.

Thank you again for reading this message.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:57 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hello Rian,

I've personally known Jamon for over 20 years. He is by far the most patient, happy & content guy l know. He has fought this disease with courage & patience as well. I'm personally not as big a "Star Wars Nerd" as he but l do know that nothing would make him happier than viewing your movie. He has days left maybe 2 weeks so hopefully this gets in front of your eyes.

Hopefully you read this message & we can make this happen.

Thank you from Jamon's pal always Max Bocker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hello Rian,
I too support this request. Jamon, and family, are wonderful human beings. He will be taken from this world too soon. I can only imagine the joy this would bring to him in his last hours.
Thank you for reading!
Merrit Neptune

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 am 
Ass. V.P.

Thanks guys, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. Martin I can't promise anything but I'm passing your info on to Lynne Hail at Lucasfilm, she'll be in touch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am 
Fearless Flyer

You're the best, Rian <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Thank you so much Rian! I really appreciate your help in passing this on!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 pm 
Upper Crust

Talk about a surprise cameo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:15 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Thank You, Rian, for doing what you can for Jamon!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:12 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Thanks Rian you rock!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:45 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Dear Rian,

I do really appreciate you passing along my note to Lucasfilm, as they did reach out to me that evening regarding my request. However, they told me the film is not ready to be seen as it is not quite finished. Instead, they asked if there was something else that would make my friend, Jamon smile. A nice gesture, however afterwards when Jamon told them he would like to visit Skywalker Ranch, that request was also denied due to liability reasons concerning his current physical condition. Finally, Lucasfilm said they are planning to send him a few items. I’m assuming this will probably be some autographed memorabilia, which I’m sure will be really cool stuff, however in his dying days, these physical things aren’t going to really have an impact on my friend. He wants to experience something new, something unforgettable. He needs the next chapter of the story.

I’m sure Lucasfilm has to have an attorney that could quickly type some kind of waiver excluding their responsibilities in case something happened to Jamon while he was visiting the ranch, don’t they? However, a much easier & safer solution for everybody would be just to grant my first wish--to allow my friend Jamon a viewing of the The Last Jedi. Even if it is unedited and perhaps missing some of the animation sequences, I know Jamon would be beyond thrilled to see it, complete or not.

Rian, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in reaching out again to Lynne Hale at Lucasfilm. Thank you so much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Martin Scott Wilson
martinscottwilson@gmail.com
(406) 600-2753