Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:02 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:27 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Ever since I saw the trailer months ago, I have been excited to see Brick. It's been the one movie I've anticipated seeing in quite some time. Unfortunately, I live in Savannah, Georgia which is usually somewhere in the middle of the Truman administration when it comes to getting arthouse films.

Rian, is there any way you can find out if Focus plans to book the film here in the very near future? Our city has lucked out in the past on previous arthouse (Frida, Before Sunset) and Focus releases - 21 Grams, The Constant Gardener (before the Oscar noms) - but it's always too few and far between (as we have no *real* committed arthouse theatre) and it'd be such an amazing travesty if, once again, I and others in Savannah who wish to view Brick in its intended cinematic environment are yet again relegated to wait five to six months for DVD, all the while hearing the amazing praise and accolades being bestowed upon it.

I thank you for your time and for taking the time to interact with all of us. It is greatly appreciated, sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:11 am 
Ass. V.P.

I'll check it, Jason. If Focus released 21 Grams and TCG there it's a good sign - the same guy is planning out release. But I'll ask him.

Thanks for putting out the call, it makes me happy that you're looking forward to seeing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:08 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

rcjohnso wrote:
I'll check it, Jason. If Focus released 21 Grams and TCG there it's a good sign - the same guy is planning out release. But I'll ask him.

Thanks for putting out the call, it makes me happy that you're looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks again, Rian. I know it may sound like Broken Recordville but everything you're doing is greatly, greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend! :)