Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Brick Blu-ray?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:15 pm 
Shamus

rcjohnso wrote:
Their reason was that "thrillers and noir" do not sell well on blu. :shock:

that's understandable maybe for noir, but thrillers??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

allfivesenses wrote:
USA uses NTSC, which is 24 frames per second. Germany and UK use PAL which is 25 fps. Over the length of an average movie the PAL version will "lose" about 5 minutes, but all the frames are still there.

NTSC is 29.97 frames per second (aka 60i for 60 interlaced 'fields' per second), but on DVD and BLU RAY, NTSC DVD players (and PAL/SECAM) all can play 24 frames per second film (aka 24P, which runs at 23.976 frames per second)

rcjohnso wrote:
For the record, I got the official word from Focus that they will not be putting out a Brick blu-ray in the states. Their reason was that "thrillers and noir" do not sell well on blu. :shock:

That is ridiculous. All distributors have the possibility of doing limited runs, even if that "limit" is 10,000. The rental houses alone could cover that and they'd still be in profit.

Distributors are morons so far removed from their own customers.

Blog
http://www.peterjohnross.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:27 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Out in canada in a blu ray /DVD combo pack on 8/16. Can't tell if it has any special features.

http://www.amazon.ca/Brick-Combo-Blu-Ra ... 601&sr=1-2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:54 am 
The Pin's Mom

I suppose there's a pretty decent chance that this is the same thing as the UK Blu-ray, which famously did not have a lick of special features.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I know that this has been set in stone for awhile now, but we need to do something about this. Brick is one of my favorite movies of all time, and that fact that its not on bluray yet is absolutely ridiculous. Any chance we could start a petition to show them that there is in fact a market for this. You would think that because Looper did so well (by the way, amazing job Rian. Best movie of the year!!!!) that the company would say, "hey, people like his movies, maybe we should put Brick on bluray as well." I really want, no, NEED this on bluray, and i would love a US release. What do you guys think? Is a petition worth a shot, or a total waste of time?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:40 pm 
The Pin's Mom

A petition never hurts anyone. And I had been wondering myself if the success of Looper might mean a change of mind about a Brick blu-ray.

If you make a petition, I'd sure sign it. I don't have a blu-ray machine, but I have friends that do, and I like to imagine a US blu-ray might contains some of those fabled special features from the UK DVD :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

sarahalyse wrote:
A petition never hurts anyone. And I had been wondering myself if the success of Looper might mean a change of mind about a Brick blu-ray.

If you make a petition, I'd sure sign it. I don't have a blu-ray machine, but I have friends that do, and I like to imagine a US blu-ray might contains some of those fabled special features from the UK DVD :)

I finally started a petition. Don't have alot of signatures yet, so if you could sign it, that would be great

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/brin ... to-bluray/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:24 am 
The Pin's Mom

nightman04 wrote:
sarahalyse wrote:

I finally started a petition. Don't have alot of signatures yet, so if you could sign it, that would be great

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/brin ... to-bluray/

Signed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:30 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Does anyone have the Alliance BLU? I have the UK DVD but I wondered if the BLU is worth getting and if the transfer is worth it.