Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:58 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Los Angeles Screenings!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:10 pm 
Ass. V.P.

A whole mess of pre-release screenings coming up in March in LA. First up, on March 17 at the Aero in Santa Monica.

If you happen to be a USC student, Brick will be screening on March 9th in Norris theater as part of Leonard Maltin's class (when I was there it was called 466.)

Likewise if you're a Bruin UCLA is doing a screening on the 13th.

With both these classes I'm not 100% on how open they are or how you get in - check with the film departments before you show up.

KCET is doing a screening on March 14th as part of their Cinema Series. It looks like you need to be a member to get in, so there's no better time to support public television. More info here.

Creative Screenwriting Magazine is also doing a screening on March 15th - get in touch with them here for more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:39 pm 
Hash Head

Thank you Rian! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

*ahem* I'm mean, you know. Cool, whatever... *happy dance*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:13 pm 
Lowly Scripty

rcjohnso wrote:
KCET is doing a screening on March 14th as part of their Cinema Series. It looks like you need to be a member to get in, so there's no better time to support public television. More info here.[/url] for more info.

It almost looks like you need to buy admission to the whole series, though. I've got a call in to them and will post their response when they get back to me.

Liz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:00 pm 
Hash Head

Quote:
It almost looks like you need to buy admission to the whole series, though. I've got a call in to them and will post their response when they get back to me.

I haven't received a response from them yet, but it does appear that you have to buy the series. I'm too lazy to check the site, but I think it runs about $140. It sounds steep, but when you look at how many films you get to see it seems worth it to me. If the timing were better I'd totally do it, but at the moment I've got a few big things I need to finance.

Has anyone heard Creative Screenwriting Magazine about their screening? I added myself to their mailing list but I haven't received any sort of notification. Their website still talks about the Syriana screening so I called their office to double check and the person I spoke with didn't seem to have a clue as to what I was talking about. I didn't want to push it because the last thing I want is to make it seem like Brick has a bunch of rabid fans (yes, I was trying to hide my true identity! :twisted:), but she did say that it was possible they simply hadn't yet emailed an announcement about the film. If I hear anything I'll post it to let everyone else know. But I'd love to find out if any other fans have already received some sort of an invite or notification from them!

www.calebkane.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:57 am 
Quote:
If you happen to be a USC student, Brick will be screening on March 9th in Norris theater as part of Leonard Maltin's class (when I was there it was called 466.)

I realize that I already know the answer: no. But dagnabbit, it couldn't hurt to ask. Is there any way for non-USC students to get in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:08 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Dagnabbit indeed, I don't think so. And if they run it the same way, it's not just a class you can casually sit in on - they collect ID's. But you might want to give the film school a buzz just to double check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:11 pm 
Hash Head

Quote:
I realize that I already know the answer: no. But dagnabbit, it couldn't hurt to ask. Is there any way for non-USC students to get in?

I was perusing the UCLA site and they specifically say (again and again) that you have to have a UCLA student ID to attend their event. I couldn't find the same info on USC, but I doubt their policy is much more flexible. My acting teacher is also a professor at USC and he said he thought students could attend, but gave no info as to how to access admission. So I'm thinking we're SOL.

www.calebkane.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:46 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

When the film opens at the Arclight is there any chance a Q&A will go along with that?

Also is the film going to have a proper premiere anywhere in L.A.?

I think I'll try to attend the March 17th showing, if not I'll have to wait to see it at the Arclight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:01 pm 
Hash Head

I got on the list for Creative Screenwriting Magazine's screening!!! I'm so unbelievably excited right now!!! If you signed up for their mailers go check your email so you can get on the list before it fills up. I hope I get to meet some message board members while I'm there. If not I'll be at Arclight, too.

www.calebkane.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm 
Ass. V.P.

See you there, Em!

Right now there's no big glitzy premier planned, but there will indeed be a q&a at the opening night show (on the 31st) at the Arclight, with me and whichever actors are in town. It should be a fun night, we're going to gather up a big group of friends and family who worked on the movie. Hooting and hollering will occur. C'mon down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 am 
Lowly Scripty

rcjohnso wrote:
See you there, Em!

Right now there's no big glitzy premier planned, but there will indeed be a q&a at the opening night show (on the 31st) at the Arclight, with me and whichever actors are in town. It should be a fun night, we're going to gather up a big group of friends and family who worked on the movie. Hooting and hollering will occur. C'mon down!

Yay!!! I'm going to the March 17th screening at the Aero, but it's St. Patrick's Day and my husband has a gig with a Celtic band he plays in, so he can't go. But he'll be so glad to hear that there will be Q&A at the Arclight as well. I'm going to go buy our tickets right now!!!

Post subject: Aero Screening
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:58 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to get tickets to go see Brick at the Aero on the 17th through Fandango.com and it keeps giving me an error message. I tried contacting Fandango and there was no response and apparently you can't call up the Aero and order tickets. Do i have to swing by the Aero and buy them in person? Anybody know if it is sold out yet? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:36 am 
Hash Head

Rian - I'd love to be able to say hi at Wednesday's screening. Are you going to give any sort of intro or shall I hope to run into someone who knows who you are? I must admit I'll probably be lost in the sea as I've never so much as seen a picture of you. Then again, even if I found you I have no idea how to gracefully introduce myself. "Hi! I'm Em from the message boards!" Ummm... GEEK! hahaha

www.calebkane.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:25 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Yea. I've been trying to get through fandango too but no luck.

I tried to get tickets at the arclight also but no luck, it's not up yet. Anyone got any arclight info on the opening night show.

[b]I'm so excited to see this movie!!![/b]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:55 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

(long time listener, first time caller).

I've been waiting anxiously to see this movie since Sundance last year and cannot wait until tomorrow night to see it.

Do you know if there will be any posters for the film available at the screening?

Subquestion: Is there going to be a final one sheet or are the 5 character posters all we are going to get?