Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:32 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Fandango says the tickets are sold out but there are plenty more tickets available at the box office, they hold some from Fandango so there is a chance you can pick them up from the box office the night of maybe.

I also want to know if there will be posters available, I sure hope there will be all 5 of the character posters available, I like them just the way they are.

Last edited by I don't smoke cigarettes on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:26 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Thanks for the Aero info. I feel compelled to say here also that as much as I'd love to see everyone at the Aero, we are opening in just a few short weeks on the 31st at the Arclight, and the opening weekend numbers are going to be crucial in determining how wide Focus releases the movie. I'll also be at the Arclight opening night for a q&a with some of the cast. So I guess I'm saying I'll be happy to see everyone Friday, but even happier to see everyone the the 31st. And best case scenario: See it both nights! Mr. Green concurs: :mrgreen:

Very interesting about the posters - I'll talk to Focus about making the character ones available. The original Sundance poster (of the painted hand, done by my cousin Zach) is my fave for sentimental reasons, maybe I'll look into making that one available somehow after the release...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:14 am 
Lowly Scripty

rcjohnso wrote:
And best case scenario: See it both nights!

I'll be there both nights! With a friend in tow at the Aero and with my husband at the Arclight!

See you then! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:26 am 
Hash Head

Quote:
So I guess I'm saying I'll be happy to see everyone Friday, but even happier to see everyone the the 31st. And best case scenario: See it both nights!

I'll be in San Antonio on Friday, but I'll be there tonight (tonight!! can you believe it?! *woot*) and I'll be at the Arclight, too. I'm so excited!!!

Post subject: screening TONIGHT!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:12 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'm going tonight too! I cannot wait!

(I'll probably wind up at the arclight on the 31st as well.)

See you guys tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:21 pm 
Lapdog

I bought two tickets for the showing at 7:30 Friday night at a theatre in Santa Monica...kinda far from Studio City but who gives a shizzle? Not me, I don't give a shizzle my nizzles...gotta go watch me some brizzickles...yea, I'll stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:56 pm 
can anyone tell me the theatre it will be showing at tonight? i am going but that website that is hosting doesnt want to tell me where.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:14 am 
coffee&pie wrote:
Yea. I've been trying to get through fandango too but no luck.

I tried to get tickets at the arclight also but no luck, it's not up yet. Anyone got any arclight info on the opening night show.

I'm so excited to see this movie!!!

I just bought my ticket on Fandango. When I searched under Brick it didn't come up, but if you do an advanced search for the Aero theater it comes up.

See everybody there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:46 am 
Lapdog

Yea, the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica is the one I'm going to on Friday...anyone else here going to that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:11 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'm flying down from Oakland airport to see it! I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:17 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

rcjohnso wrote:
Right now there's no big glitzy premier planned, but there will indeed be a q&a at the opening night show (on the 31st) at the Arclight, with me and whichever actors are in town. It should be a fun night, we're going to gather up a big group of friends and family who worked on the movie. Hooting and hollering will occur. C'mon down!

Awesome, I'll def be at the Arclight showing then :) I can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:44 am 
Lapdog

I saw it tonight at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. I would give the film a 9/10 and say it was beyond my expectations...I'm going to be quoting the hell out of the film for sure! Great stuff, going to see it again at the Arclight on the 31st...

Rian and a few cast members did a Q & A afterwards, it was pretty funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:36 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

"His descriptions of things are really good."

I saw the movie last night at the Aero as well and wow, the film was excellent, the Q and A was great, and very funny. I too will be quoting this movie over and over. Great Job, Rian.

Last edited by I don't smoke cigarettes on Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: AERO
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:11 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

I watched the movie the other night at the AERO!!! I was really thrilled because the theater was packed! The movie was so good and I can't wait to watch it again at the arclight!!!!

Oh and about Fandango. Tickets don't go on sale until 48 hrs before showtime. I only figured that out AFTER i went to the Aero and it was closd :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:45 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I think Fandango sells tickets earlier than 48 hours prior, but I may be wrong. I think what happened with Fandango and the Aero was that there was some technical error, because I called them up and told there was a problem and they said that they had their Tech team on it and they had it fixed in a day. I think this was last Wednesday.