Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 1:16 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:50 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I figured I would start that I saw "Brick" for the first time about a month ago, and I have watched it about twenty plus times since then. I'll admit that I saw it first from a bootleg copy and I found it to be so go that I had to add it to my DVD collection (which says something being that money is tight for me). It fits in to my collect well as it is a movie that I have seen a lot and can still stand to watch it again and again which there are few that i can.

I had seen a Preview on one of my DVDs for "Brick" and had it written on a list of movies to see and lost it. I didn't know that it was styled as a "Film Noir" type of film until I watched it, other wise i would have made a point to see it sooner. I thought it was great and clearly saw it as about the best modern Film Noir, well, since "Chinatown". I would have said "Millers Crossing" but I found "Brick" to be more true to the style and it's really hard to be subjective to a movie when you have read the book (The Glass Key).

So seeing "Brick" a bunch and after listening to the commentary I watched "The Maltese Falcon" again and laughed and laughed at seeing all the homage the "Brick" paid to it. I have just re-watched "The Big Sleep" and have seen that there was a bit of homage paid to it too (Soldier).

I will be making a point of seeing your other movies Mr. Johnson but as I had said money is tight so it may be a while before I can comment on those and thank you for giving people a venue to show appreciation for the work you have done it's unique.

and for the question

I would love to see a kinda sequel to it taking place in college since Brendan would probably be up to the same kinda stuff. Is there a chance of a possible sequel or another Film Noir on your mind in the future?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:15 am 
The Pin's Mom

Hello, latendresse, and welcome to the forum! Always nice to see another Washingtonian :)

Rian has said before that he doesn't have any plans for a sequel or prequel to Brick, but that's because he's busy making other awesome movies! You should definitely check out The Brothers Bloom when you have a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:01 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Heya - yup, what Sarah said, haven't really considered doing another one. Really glad you dug it, thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forum!

Rian