Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:15 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:49 pm 
Upper Crust

Well, immediately after leaving Canter's at 3am, I drove to Vegas for the convention I was going to and got back late sunday night, so I'm just now getting back to the forum.

Someone upthread mentioned Rian paying for everyone's dinner. Small clarification is that Joe paid for everyone at our table AND the tip (which he implied would be generous). Anyways, to echo everyone else before me, it was an incredbily enjoyable evening (/early morning). At one point at dinner, I almost forgot that we were eating with Joe and Noah, the actors. Felt more like Joe and Noah, guys we just happen to meet for dinner. But then my inner film geek rushed back in and my ability to speak coherently diminished.

Was great meeting so many people from the boards. Dave takes home the award of most dedicated Brick fan, in my opinion. It was a funny coincidence that we were the two that wear our pant cuffs flipped and ended up sitting next to each other (bought my ticket in advance right before he did apparently).

I didn't get a chance to meet Rian opening night after the Q&A because I had to be somewhere after the movie so it was great to finally get the chance. I can't remember if I told you in person or not, Rian, but thanks for being so involved with all of us Brick addicts. It's such a rare thing and it's very much appreciated. I'm going to stop gushing now and put in a few pictures. I had actually just bought the camera I had earlier in the day so I was still learning the ins-and-outs. I only had a few come out looking decent.

kingofkoins and existentialistdilettante:

Me blinding Joe and Noah cause I didn't know I had the flash on:

No flash this time, but a little blur:

Me not feeling short:

EDIT: While I was in Vegas, I think I told at the very least six people about thursday night and had these pictures still in my camera to show them and got all of them to believe now that they MUST see this movie. :D

Last edited by allfivesenses on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:03 pm 
Shamus

I certainly look grumpy, don't I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:53 am 
Lowly Scripty

kingofkoins wrote:
I certainly look grumpy, don't I?

Hmmm... you look more like Sleepy to me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:02 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Yah, so I'm wicked lazy. And I should have posted a long time ago. But everyone else seemed to capture the evening so well, that I couldn't think of anything to add.

I, of course, had a fantastic time. Even the hours before the film, just hanging out with Buddhadave and Kben (and my sister and friend).

It was really great actually meeting some of you guys. And it was awesome meeting Liz.

The movie as usual was fantastic.

And coffee and pie (oh my!) was totally tasty (thanks Rian for always buying me nice things).

Meeting Joe was brief but friendly, except for when he kicked me but I'm a forgiving person. It's always good to see Noah (thank you Noah, for always lighting my cigarette when I need one). And Rian of course....thanks for being there when my wardrobe malfunctioned (And who ever that guy was who was standing there when it happened too).

I had a blast, there's not much else to say.

-
M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:06 pm 
Hash Head

Quote:
(And who ever that guy was who was standing there when it happened too).

You mean Ben, the Rock and Roll Sushi guy who dresses as the Incredible Hulk (while he's working, not when he's just out and about)?

Quote:
I had a blast, there's not much else to say.

What about when you kicked Rian and he tripped over my foot and flew twenty feet down the aisle? That was funny. I mean, that was very unfortunate and I hope no one was injured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:26 pm 
Shamus

I figured he was just messing around, I didn't know until later you guys were playing ninja on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I tapped him with my foot, but then he tripped over Kben's foot and overplayed it. What a goofball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:15 am 
Lapdog

Yeah, I had a blast.

Good times...

No wait, I was sitting at home, in England, editing boring stuff.

Hmmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:30 pm 
Lapdog

Allfivesenses that picture of you, Joe, and Noah is really nice! You all look so good in it! And despite my usual self-consciousness about my pictures... I think I look pretty damn happy there.

As I should have. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:52 pm 
Upper Crust

existentialistdilettante wrote:
Allfivesenses that picture of you, Joe, and Noah is really nice! You all look so good in it! And despite my usual self-consciousness about my pictures... I think I look pretty damn happy there.

As I should have. 8)

That picture did turn out pretty good. The only picture I didn't take (Dave snapped it for me) and it was probably the best one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:00 am 
Shamus

BuddhaDave wrote:
It was so weird watching the movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Noah Segan, and Rian Johnson three seats down from me. I don't know how KingofKoins could have even paid attention to the movie, he got an awesome seat right next to them.

Because the Waist Deep trailer played before the movie, Joe kept shouting "I WANT MY SON!" everytime that Kara (Meagan Good, who is costarring in Waist Deep) was on the screen.

Good times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:18 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

allfivesenses wrote:
Someone upthread mentioned Rian paying for everyone's dinner. Small clarification is that Joe paid for everyone at our table AND the tip (which he implied would be generous). Anyways, to echo everyone else before me, it was an incredbily enjoyable evening (/early morning). At one point at dinner, I almost forgot that we were eating with Joe and Noah, the actors. Felt more like Joe and Noah, guys we just happen to meet for dinner. But then my inner film geek rushed back in and my ability to speak coherently diminished.

Was great meeting so many people from the boards. Dave takes home the award of most dedicated Brick fan, in my opinion. It was a funny coincidence that we were the two that wear our pant cuffs flipped and ended up sitting next to each other (bought my ticket in advance right before he did apparently).

Me not feeling short:

I feel really jealous!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:34 am 
The Pin's Mom

Damnit, you just had to post in this thread and remind the rest of us how jealous we are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:18 pm 
Fearless Flyer

sarahalyse wrote:
Damnit, you just had to post in this thread and remind the rest of us how jealous we are...

my precise grievance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:36 pm 
Lapdog

Man, I really miss LA. It's been almost a year now since I moved back to the Bay, and as someone who hated HATED LA at first, these kinds of things were only possible there.