Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:59 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

it was pretty awesome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:41 am 
Hash Head

Quote:
So, how did it go?

First, Rian made us tell him how pretty he was, like, every five minutes. Then, BuddhaDave and I made babies under the table. But in a totally platonic way.

It was actually a blast and a half. After the show we all went for coffee and pie (oh my!) and I amazed Rian with my mad telekinetic skillz which I would show to you all, but my phone will not upload my photos. So just imagine it. You have to, because I'm telling you to do it with my mind.

Joe and Noah (Segan) were both supa-cool. I'd never met Joe before and he's very friendly. At one point in the evening, I thought he was following me to the bathroom, but it was actually a totally different guy dressed in the same clothes. Maybe it was his stand-in.

Also on the list of cool:

Liz Covert
kingofkoins
existentialistdilettante

There were many more of you but I did not get a chance to learn everyone's names.

Oh, yeah. BuddhaDave and miaManda are beautiful people and we all made each other laugh at least 76% of the night. Especially the part where my mad mind skills made Manda's bra come undone right when Rian was introducing her to this (very funny) guy named Ben who works in a Rock and Roll sushi bar where he dresses as the Incredible Hulk.

And that, my friends, is the Hollywood lifestyle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:48 am 
Shamus

Yes.

I believe it also must be said that BuddhaDave gave me (and several others) a piggy-back ride, existentialistdilettante casually dismissed my levitation abilities, and kben and I mused about madness.

So full marks all around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:00 pm 
Hash Head

Quote:
After the show we all went for coffee and pie (oh my!)

Dude, I wanted to go so bad. Alas, I opted for slumber. Glad you guys had fun though! And I'm glad I got to meet so many of the board members!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:35 pm 
Lapdog

Yes... me, kingofkoins, and allfivesenses got to sit with Joe and Noah at Canter's. We WOULD have gotten to sit with Rian too, but Rian left us!

Poor Noah and Joe, left to their own defenses. I wouldn't shut up, and allfivesenses was laughing at me because I kept saying "i talk too much" and then I would continue talking too much.

It was very nice to meet the board members and Joe and Noah, but especially Rian. He really is as nice in person as he is on the board... and twice as handsome :wink: :roll: :lol:

I was really nervous.. because, it's as if I don't have enough social anxiety alone, and the scariness of meeting rian was already on my shoulders...and then I see Joseph and Noah come in. You can imagine my disposition. Not everyone else was as dorkified as I was, but it's okay.... because I think if anything, I just flattered them by being awe-struck.

OK. Now I will really shut up. For real. I swear. Starting...

><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:11 pm 
Hash Head

anybody take pictures for us to see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:03 pm 
Shamus

moviefanatic wrote:
anybody take pictures for us to see?

I don't have a camera, but I saw a few cameras floating around, and at least two people asked me to use their camera on their behalf.

So some pictures should come around soon.

Last edited by kingofkoins on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:58 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Thanks to everyone for coming out - everyone was so cool, and it was great to put faces to (fake forum) names. I had a blast. That was the first time in a long long while I sat down and just watched the movie, and I'm really glad it with all the forum peeps. Represent.

And remember - we open today at the Regent Showcase on La Brea in Los Angeles, so if you still want to keep spreading the word, we're not out of LA yet! Actually it's cool, they have a big marquee, it's cool to see a huge Brick sign hanging over La Brea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:05 pm 
Shamus

I just got in, but I'm going to sleep soon. You guys kept me out too late! I'll post more tomorrow.

I did want to say that if someone wants to start a thread with all the pics they took, everyone can post theirs in there too and that'd be awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:31 pm 
Lapdog

Okay, so now I'm insanely jealous, but that was always a given. Suddenly the world feels like a really really big place once again. But London to La was slightly too far to commute...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:32 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Thanks for making the trek, Dave - it was great meeting you, and I'm very relieved that you made it home alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:44 pm 
Lapdog

rcjohnso wrote:
Thanks for making the trek, Dave - it was great meeting you, and I'm very relieved that you made it home alive.

I share that sentiment. It was lovely meeting you Dave, I'm so glad you were convinced you should come. Sorry we didn't end up sharing tables!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:09 pm 
Upper Crust

Damn and blast having a job! Wish I could have been there, kids, but being old and lame I don't even think I managed to stay up until 10:40. And that was at home.

Meh, there's always a DVD release party, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:12 pm 
Lapdog

I say that all of the Boston-area Brickers (my new term for extreme Brick fans like myself) should meet for the final screening at the Coolidge Corner theater (whenever that is, 'cause it's still going strong there). Whenver it is, I'll be there, wearing a shirt and tie. Maybe if we campaing hard enough Rian will come (I know its a stretch, but we should try).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:29 pm 
Shamus

Okay, here's my blurb:

With some coaxing from a few board members (thanks ExistentialistDilettante and Manda!) I decided to drive up from Phoenix for the last playing. One family emergency and 380 miles later I'm in LA. Kben is the bestest tour guide ever and Manda really is a PR ninja.

It was so weird watching the movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Noah Segan, and Rian Johnson three seats down from me. I don't know how KingofKoins could have even paid attention to the movie, he got an awesome seat right next to them. Somehow AllFiveSenses and I ended up sitting together AND we were the only ones with rolled jean cuffs. I checked.

It was a good crowd (lots of laughs) and the best theater I'd seen the movie in, so I was totally pleased.

Meeting everyone was surreal. ExistentialistDilettante looks excatly like her pics but she's quieter than I thought. Sounds like only because I wasn't at her table! Speaking with Liz was a real treat and meeting the producer (I think that's who he was) was a cool surprise. I was also shocked to discover that I'm taller than both Rian and Noah. I'm the midget in my tribe here in Phoenix.

Having Rian invite everyone out for coffee and pie (oh my! (couldn't resist)) was really nice of him and he paid for everyone's stuff I believe. Rian, I'm sorry but I never thanked you for it. I totally was gonna do it but I was in that strange state of mind called No Sleep. Thanks!

Kben busted out with some her physcic powers, and then Manda did some busting out of her own. I don't know which trick I liked better, its a close tie. As we were all milling out to leave someone pointed out the huge rectangular chunks of fudge they were selling at the deli and exclaimed something like, "It's like a brick!" It truly was. Outside Noah and I had a nice convo about music and everyone said goodbye and dispersed.

I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone and I'm sorry. Like I said, I was all frazzled from my wonderfuly full day. Liz, ExistentialistDilettante, KingofKoins, AllFiveSenses, Eminemily, and anyone else I missed:
Hello! Goodbye! It was great meeting you. :D

I'm so glad I ditched work and came. Driving back was a bitch (LA traffic! Oi!) but still totally worth it. Special thanks to Kben and miaManda for taking care of me and being totally awesome.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with a dork from the desert. I'm very grateful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next