Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 104  Next
 Post subject: Flimmaking Projects...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:29 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I sort of got this idea out of the "Writing or Directing" thread, so I figured it would be fair to stick it in the same forum. I was reading through that particular thread and it seems we have a lot of indie filmmakers on the forum (myself included). You're all shocked, I'm sure.

While I wouldn't want this to become a solicitation party, and I invite Rian to delete this quickly if it becomes one...I was curious to see some of the films of my fellow boardmates.

Me personally, with a small group of friends have done quite a few shorts in the past few years. However, we are in a transition stage right now, attempting to build the foundation of a real production company to call our own. This means that the website we used to have all our films housed is down, and the new one isn't up yet. As soon as it's up and running you can be sure I'll post them here if this thread is still here.

Anyone who has made some films, if they are hosted somewhere...I'd love to check them out! Post some links, and brief descriptions to salivate over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:28 pm 
Lapdog

http://youtube.com/profile?user=jaybutler24

There are two films I did in film school last year.

And I'm getting ready to direct a short film about a young girl who suspects the chef at a restaurant is serving humans as food. I'm gonna tell it like a Edgar Allan Poe poem (whom I admire so much).

I would love to see others films, and know what people are working on :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:16 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I loved this film, it invigorated me in the same way that Robert Rodriguez's El Mariachi did. I believe my exact words when I exited the theater were "this film gives me faith for the vitality of independent film." It's the most articulate I've ever been.

I've been making shorts for a while now, 7 years I believe, and I'm currently in film school in Orange. I'd love it if some of you visited my site and checked out some of my films. None are more than 10 minutes long, most are 5.

www.vppictures.com

Thanks! Here's to the vitality of indie film!

- Jean-Luc Godard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:11 pm 
Lapdog

Well, ive just finished my latest [and dare i say greatest]

Sending it out to festivals now, hoping for a good response. we shall see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:16 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Well, since I started this...and our webpage is finally up (though not in final form, it's still VERY rough) I should at least spill the beans about my little entries into the film world.

www.rppfilms.com

The only one I've offically done is a SugarCult video meant for an online contest (didn't finish it in time to submit). I have however, helped on most of the rest up there. The links STILL don't work, but at least you can get an idea of what we've done.

That, and we have a project up in a contest as we speak. There is a link to the contest on our webpage, so you're all welcome to go vote for us. ;)

mmrempen, I like the website...simple and functional. Haven't had a chance to watch anything, I will try to tonight!

JonH, nice poster. Fill us in when we might be able to see it! :)

Post subject: Marla, My Sweet
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:11 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Well, check out our little film "Marla, My Sweet", which is a little animated film-noir-parody, at

www.stefanoberholz.de

if you like and if you don't mind the rather small subtitles. And write us something in the guestbook, which is new since yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:07 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Just finished what may be the least expensive feature film of all time.

PONDLIFE

Cost me £600.

It's a Scottish comedy, a cross between Scrubs/Clerks and The Breakfast Club.

Check out the trailer at www.pondlife.moonfuit.com or search for it on youtube, myspace or ifilm.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:55 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I've written a feature that I'm attempting to garner interest in. Just got off the phone with a producer who depressed the fuck out of me with all the talk of insurances and crap that would destroy my budget.

I'm writing a crime movie for a friend.

Trying to get a horror short done for Christmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:25 pm 
King of Photoshop Mountain

My friends and I have been making 24-hour films for the past year (24 hour film = 24 hours to think of the idea, write it, shoot it, and edit it. Very intense, very demanding, very enjoyable) and we just finished our 12th. It's very loosely based on The Portrait of Dorian Grey, though it's hard to remember how we got from there to the current plot about a photographer's assistant obsessing over a throwaway negative. Film 10 was a pseudo-erotic film noir adaptation of Little Red Riding Hood. Hosted on http://www.zimmerfidget.com. Once we make 24 of them we're going to make a reflective documentary about our experiences and release them all as '24squared'. Myself, I've been spending most of the summer writing, focusing on two main projects; 'The Assistant', which I plan to shoot this October, and an untitled project that I'm referring to as the New York City midnight odyssey.
This thread was a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:27 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Wish I'd seen this thread before I started Brickdance over in the Ephemera forum...still, that is the correct place for such a thing.

Yeah, I'm a forum tidiness nazi. You want to make something of it?

As for 24-hour movies: I'd love to see some of them! I'd done a 24-hour comic and my brother wrote a 24-hour play, but I have yet to see a 24 -hour movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:19 am 

all the 24-hour films are available as wmv files on http://www.zimmerfidget.com, check em out at your whim. In turn I'd be very interested in seeing a 24-hour comic, anywhere I can see one of those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:16 pm 
Upper Crust

Well let's see.

For a couple years, I've been making really short comedies with friends from school. But they're nothing to be proud of. If your prepaired to suspend everything you know about film making and are in the mood for a few laughs, you can check out on of them here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEHgsSscr0E

It's a parody on slasher films I guess, written and filmed in under two hours.
(Written while being filmed, infact)
On a more seriouse side of the spectrum, I recently have been working on writing some quality shorts. One is the story behind a guy who's girlfriend tells him she's going to attempt suicide...If you'd like to read, that can be downloaded here.

http://dl2.ohshare.com/v/608613/Untitled_Bridge_Drama_Project.txt.html

Opinions on the script (or the "film", if you'd like) would both be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:40 pm 
The Pin's Mom

conor wrote:
all the 24-hour films are available as wmv files on http://www.zimmerfidget.com, check em out at your whim. In turn I'd be very interested in seeing a 24-hour comic, anywhere I can see one of those?

Well, my friends over at Young American Comics publish a few titles that were created in 24 hours (www.youngamericancomics.com)...I can't think of any 24-hour comics offered online off the top of my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:16 am 

sarahalyse, thanks for the link. i couldn't find any comics specifically marketed as 24-hour comics, but i did manage to stumble onto their Small Town/Big City submission form, i think i'll give it a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:07 pm 
The Pin's Mom

That's awesome! I'm writing a piece for that anthology, although I have yet to find an artist to match. Wish me luck!

The reason you couldn't find the 24 hour comics is that their full store is out of order right now, so they only have their newest releases on the site. If you're still interested, I'd suggest e-mailing them and asking if they have any copies available. I'd suggest checking out Omnibus (by Corey Marie Parkhill) and Messages From Home (by Tod Parkhill). They're the owners of the company :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1556 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 104  Next