Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2512 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: And Your Week Was...?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:53 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Exhausting.

Ran camera for a live telecast between investment capitalists in Palo Alto, California and potential investors in Venice, Italy. The prep included building a set that recreated the San Francisco waterfront as seen from inside an office building, the joke being that the office building would have had to have been in the middle of the Bay.

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:25 am 
Upper Crust

Mine?
Very unproductive...

The next two days: Edit, edit, edit!!!!

The next two weeks: Filming kids at a camp every day and editing the footage every night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:16 am 
Upper Crust

...dangerously cheesy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:25 am 
Upper Crust

William Goss wrote:
...dangerously cheesy?

That's what happens when you watch Marvel movies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:58 pm 
Hash Head

not over yet

on call until 6:30 tomorrow morning

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:35 pm 
Upper Crust

Shitty. Almost got arrested because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:10 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Bowling. Writing. Attaching two ropes to two bikes whilst my friends ride them and I hold on to the ropes on roller blades. Sometimes doing this to the bowling alley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:28 pm 
Upper Crust

Was it a full moon week? Sure felt like it, at least at work...

On the plus side though: the play reading went well, and a local theatre wants it for their upcoming season. Doesn't suck. It's not "attaching two ropes to two bikes whilst my friends ride them and I hold on to the ropes on roller blades. Sometimes doing this to the bowling alley" but then again what is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:13 pm 
Shamus

Hectic.
Made more phone calls, sent more e-mails then I’d like to admit. There were endless meetings I had to attend. I always get stuck in the chaos that follows the end of a school year and start of an exam period. But there were some really nice things...
Took kids from a local high school on a picnic with Italian typical food and we dressed like ’50, it was nice, then the beach, in the afternoon.

That day was perfect. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:23 pm 
Shamus

Episode 1 of the show I work on airs on Monday.

We were still making changes yesterday afternoon.

And my boss, the day AE, got assigned Jury duty yesterday, so while he's out for 2 weeks or more I had to suddenly move from my night schedule and move to days with about 6 hours to make the adjustment.

Episode 2 outputs on Tuesday. And yes, they're still cutting. Yeesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:59 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Pretty lackluster, although today a local hip-hop group played an in-store at work. Despite suddenly having 70+ kids in our store at once, and me having to watch them all and make sure no undue discounts were taken, it went really well. The guys (they call themselves the Blue Scholars) were very nice, and we sold a ton of CDs.

In Comparing-Sarah's-Store-to-Empire-Records news, my coworker Becky shaved her head today. Not at work, but still. For the first time in my life, I actually had a good reason to say, "Well, Miss Sinead o'Rebellion!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:41 am 
Drama Vamp

Quite divided. Work-wise as boring as it can get. The only job left is to do in the place where I work is to double-check surveys to see weather the scanner has interpreted the tick-boxes correctly. The questions are in Chinese, Malawi, Arabic, Russian etc. so I have no idea what they are answering I just check weather boxes are ticked. A few weeks of 8,5-hour shifts of that without decent lunch-breaks alone in a dull room can get a tad boring. It's somewhat minimum wage, but there has been plenty of that kind of work available (about 15,000 questionnaires and daily just 2-7 checkers) so I know my rent will get paid during the 5-week unpaid vacation while the company is closed (in July).

So yeah the unpaid part sucks, but a 5-week vacation during summer sounds like a big bag of goody bags. Also June 23rd is the mid-summer festival, which is quite a big thingy here (unless you stay in a city. Cities are somewhat empty 'cause everyone travels to some lakeside, forest or archipelago to burn bonfires and stuff.) The Best case scenario is to go with a bunch of friends next to a lake in the middle of nowhere in Lapland where the sun doesn't set for a few weeks and the nature is at its lushest. 22-hour days in northern mid-Finland are great as well. Almost no night, but still a sunset and a sunrise.

And otherwise it's been good as well. The scriptfrenzy-script has finally been progressing. Quite a lot of writing left to do, but now I have more time to put into that. I.e. gonna get it done.
Also finally got one of the totally-no-budget shortfilm shooting-days done. It had been re-scheduled half-a-dozen times because of bad weather or someone of the leading actors always had something else. This time only one of the smaller parts had to be refilled in 2-day notice. So yeah, now eagerly waiting for the next few days of shooting (hopefully) in August and then it's a wrap -> editing time.

EDIT: just corrected the mid-summer date to June 23rd.

Last edited by cyborgerous on Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:35 pm 
Upper Crust

a rollercoaster.

got first hdcam (canon hv10- highly recommend) finished up loose work ends, had some interesting discussions at an ny net video meet, packed up all my stuff, being shocked by the loss of Dan Epstein, then getting another rush job on what was supposed to be my last day in NYC for over a month.

Posting this on my treo from an airport in philaelphia, I miss New York already.

ps- I like this thread. its interesting hearing what you all are up to in your 'real' lives.

pss
circuitsnake wrote:
Shitty. Almost got arrested because of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

you really should stay off this forum during daytime.
seriousely though, glad to hear the 'almost'. I hope all's okay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:56 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

ronen wrote:
got first hdcam (canon hv10- highly recommend)

We got an hdcam at work a few weeks ago and it's terrific! We interviewed this guy in front of a mosaic and every piece of tile was vivid, but at the same time not distracting. The best footage we shot.

Shamless plug:

(Oh, 'cause the sales manager would have a fit if I didn't mention this, it's available for rental.)

That everyone's projects are moving along at whatever pace is pretty exciting and special congrats to Blueman on the success of the reading.

But--hey! king--are you gonna leave us in the dark as to the name of the project that's airing tomorrow night?

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:59 pm 
Drama Vamp

relaxed to the point of my brain being zombified.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2512 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 168  Next