Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:30 am 
Upper Crust

Chad Peter wrote:
Someday, somewhere there will be a message board resurgence! Maybe that day has come! Kinda tired of reading my cranky relatives' posts on Facebook and miss the freedom of a forum.

*le sigh*

Brief history since 2010: Moved to SF, got a job, laughs ensued. Hung out with max, Sarah, and Manny on various occasions. Last summer, I successfully bought Rian a drink.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:41 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Not the last X years, but just on Monday I had a face-to-face encounter with a real conman who gave me a gift bag full of (suspect) Armani merchandise and in exchange only wanted me to do him the favor of buying him a $500 gift card at Walgreens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 am 
Fearless Flyer

Justin wrote:
Last summer, I successfully bought Rian a drink.

haha - you were unsuccessful in the past? That Rian guy's a total lush, amiright?

And Max, you totally took the conman up on their very generous offer, didn't you?

Past few years? I'm still working "in house" as a vfx compositor at Mr. Fincher's building and have had little time to do much else ever since. I also occasionally check my email.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:07 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Well, at two days before payday I had $20 in my wallet and $5 in my checking account and I was flattered that he thought I had $500 worth of credit on any (or totally) of my cards, so no. I found him working fascinating though, which is why I stuck around so long, but when he became belligerent (although not threatening) I walked away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:08 am 
Upper Crust

Man, $500 will buy a lot of Q-Tips.

Usually he picks up the tab. I sneakily bought a pitcher at a cash-only bar while I sent him out to "find seats". This of course was after he'd bought us all several rounds and dinner, so the score is still well in his favor. And written by John Williams.

I also stopped him cold with perhaps the worst pun of all time. Can't tell you here though, it's way better in person. We're all gonna be at the Arclight again for Episode VIII, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:30 am 
Fearless Flyer

Justin wrote:
We're all gonna be at the Arclight again for Episode VIII, right?

You make it sound like there are other options (there aren't).

I'm just looking forward to the episode VIII sdcc panel, to see how on Earth Rian's going to top this year's comic con panel.

Last edited by Chad Peter on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:15 pm 
Upper Crust

Whipped cream and a cherry, I'd imagine.

Maybe a hat like this, only he'd look less dignified.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:02 am 
Upper Crust

If this doesn't get more action soon, I'm going to go into the admin panel, check "email replies to this topic" for everyone and start spamming it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:35 am 
Upper Crust

See, stuff like this qualifies:

https://twitter.com/la_belle_laide/stat ... 5698384900

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:59 am 
Upper Crust

I'm still on the right coast. Or left if you live in Canada. Paid SarahAlyse an undisclosed sum
to bump my post count a couple thousand so I can be Upper Crust. Totally worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:03 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Justin wrote:

Awesome!

Neil_Leach wrote:
I'm still on the right coast. Or left if you live in Canada. Paid SarahAlyse an undisclosed sum
to bump my post count a couple thousand so I can be Upper Crust. Totally worth it.

This explains... so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:11 pm 
Upper Crust

Since 2010 I have: graduated, moved back home, spent several years unemployed/writing, had some stuff achieve minor success through HitRECord, signed to co-write a feature a couple of months ago.

Met Kzap once, very briefly, and failed him as a friend and fellow forum-goer, which I still feel bad about. Met Rian twice: once on his own when Bloom got released in the UK, and once with Karina when the PCC in London did a Brick/Looper double-bill. He refused to allow me to buy him a drink on at least one of those occasions; on the other, I did not offer.

That's me all in, I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:20 pm 
Shamus

Day Glo wrote:
Since 2010 I have: graduated, moved back home, spent several years unemployed/writing, had some stuff achieve minor success through HitRECord, signed to co-write a feature a couple of months ago.

Met Kzap once, very briefly, and failed him as a friend and fellow forum-goer, which I still feel bad about. Met Rian twice: once on his own when Bloom got released in the UK, and once with Karina when the PCC in London did a Brick/Looper double-bill. He refused to allow me to buy him a drink on at least one of those occasions; on the other, I did not offer.

That's me all in, I think.

Wow, until all of the cool stuff about meeting people, that is me exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:57 am 
Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:
Met Kzap once, very briefly, and failed him as a friend and fellow forum-goer, which I still feel bad about.

Honestly, it took me a while to figure out what you were referring too. Don't keep beating yourself up over it, they'll be other opportunities in the future. Also, just wondering, did I meet Rob Savage that day? I knew you were with a group of friends but can't remember any of their faces.

As for what's going on with me (don't know how much of this I've said before), I just lost my job but I'm trying to stay in London while I look for another, burning through my savings.
Doing stand-up comedy for the first time ever in 21 days, so if there are any London-based loopers who want to support me I can give you the details. I will warn you I have a 5 minute set and about 3 minutes are pretty sexual.
How could I almost forget, I've also been working on this web-series pilot which has been taking up most of my evenings and weekends. It's really cool and there's a lot of great people on board. There's a behind the scenes video you can check out (including my almost-bald head at 1:22).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JevqXqZQs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:55 pm 
Upper Crust

Kzap wrote:
Day Glo wrote:
Met Kzap once, very briefly, and failed him as a friend and fellow forum-goer, which I still feel bad about.

Honestly, it took me a while to figure out what you were referring too. Don't keep beating yourself up over it, they'll be other opportunities in the future. Also, just wondering, did I meet Rob Savage that day? I knew you were with a group of friends but can't remember any of their faces.

I was not with Rob that night.

I'll check out that link tomorrow!