Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:04 pm 
Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:

Such a shame, he had a good run I suppose, I just wish he'd had more than one full season, all these split seasons and specials makes it seem like he hasn't been around long.
Although I suppose, with the amount Moffat has jumped around time, he could be one of his longest living incarnations in the continuity of the series. I hope we get someone a little different this time, Eccleston, Tennant and Smith all started off a little too similar to me, although Smith did take the role in a different direction.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:00 pm 
Upper Crust

I did a sort of a list of people I might like to see in the role or who might be under consideration

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:53 am 
Ass. V.P.

I love Matt Smith but the timing of this feels weirdly right to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 am 
Upper Crust

Day Glo wrote:

Liking the list, someone should send it on to the BBC.
I have a feeling they're going to go for a more unknown actor though. If you're going to suggest Helen Mirren, I'm gonna go with Idris Elba. He definitely isn't as 'crazy' as the previous three but I think he could do something interesting with the role, he feels like an old soul too.
Yea he's probably too well known and there were talks he could play Bond (which he is even more suited too) but there's no reason he can't do both.
Hugh Laurie would be another choice of mine, not particularly original I know.

rcjohnso wrote:
I love Matt Smith but the timing of this feels weirdly right to me.

In terms of the arc of the story I'm inclined to agree, I just wish we could have had more episodes with him before this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:55 am 
Upper Crust

Kzap wrote:
Day Glo wrote:

Liking the list, someone should send it on to the BBC.
I have a feeling they're going to go for a more unknown actor though. If you're going to suggest Helen Mirren, I'm gonna go with Idris Elba. He definitely isn't as 'crazy' as the previous three but I think he could do something interesting with the role, he feels like an old soul too.
Yea he's probably too well known and there were talks he could play Bond (which he is even more suited too) but there's no reason he can't do both.
Hugh Laurie would be another choice of mine, not particularly original I know.

Idris Elba would rule. I'm not sure why he didn't occur to me to include on the list.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:43 am 
Upper Crust

I found a video someone edited together of some webisodes realised around series 6 or 7 <i>(not 100% sure which)</i> vimeo.com/67976992
Even though I'm big fan of new media and web video in general I tend not to watch online tie-ins for television shows, they usually just look cheap and don't expand the mythology at all but this was cool and was a reminder why I like Steven Moffat and Matt Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:48 am 
Upper Crust

I watched some of those Doctor Who webisodes. The best web-only content for a TV series that I've watched was the stuff that bridged season 2 & 3 of Battlestar Galactica.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:26 pm 
The Pin's Mom

FINALLY caught up. Jesus H Christ, this season is a mess. I don't think a single work of fiction has ever had such an awesome, exciting title and such a horrid mess of a reality as "Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS." As for the rest, well...

A fan asked Neil Gaiman how he would live up to The Doctor's Wife with his new episode. Neil's response: "I didn't even try."

That much is abundantly clear.

Day Glo wrote:

Too soon? Really? I was ready for the Ponds to go easily five or six episodes before they finally did, and by then I was starting to think Eleven was wearing out his welcome. I am ready for new blood: that goes for you too, Moffat.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:25 am 
Shamus

COULD IT REALLY BE SO?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 am 
Upper Crust

ppllleeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 am 
Upper Crust

kingofkoins wrote:

That's awesome if it's true, just in time for the 50th anniversary. Plus if they reshow them on TV it means they may actually show up on Iplayer, which will be great as buying ridiculously over-priced DVDs seem to be the only way for me to watch classic Who at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:37 pm 
The Pin's Mom

My way to watch Classic Who at the moment is to wait until Koins comes across a serial he likes as a cheap used DVD and then mails it to me. It's a pretty great system, I must admit ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 am 
Upper Crust

Peter Capaldi is the 12th Doctor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:12 pm 
Ass. V.P.

I like this. I like that he's older and untwee.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:41 pm 
Upper Crust

I like this too.
In fact I remember I wishing it would be him somewhere a while back (not on this thread though) and now I wish I could find it as proof :P
Very excited for next season, and it's such a long way off, I could have graduated by the time it airs.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next