Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Source Code
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:24 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Just watched it today and it was very bad. After reading the reviews I was expecting something more but it just fell flat on its face. It never grabbed me from the beginning and pulled me in to it's world. It tried, I guess, but failed at doing so. I thought the way it would play out is that during the movie Jake would spend each time segment trying to find clues and the minute he found something he thought would expose the truth, he would realize he needed more but time would run out. That would have pulled everything along and kept a person interested. Then eventually it would lead to a big twist involving the antagonist. But it wasn't like that at all. It was just frustrating. And the "big third act" went like a "poof" rather than a "BANG!" The music was bad, cinematography wasn't great, and there was no style or voice to the film.

That's just my opinion about it. Curious to know what you guys thought.

Post subject: Re: Source Code
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:23 am 
Upper Crust

Andrew wrote:
Just watched it today and it was very bad. After reading the reviews I was expecting something more but it just fell flat on its face. It never grabbed me from the beginning and pulled me in to it's world. It tried, I guess, but failed at doing so. I thought the way it would play out is that during the movie Jake would spend each time segment trying to find clues and the minute he found something he thought would expose the truth, he would realize he needed more but time would run out. That would have pulled everything along and kept a person interested. Then eventually it would lead to a big twist involving the antagonist. But it wasn't like that at all. It was just frustrating. And the "big third act" went like a "poof" rather than a "BANG!" The music was bad, cinematography wasn't great, and there was no style or voice to the film.

That's just my opinion about it. Curious to know what you guys thought.

Hey, welcome to the forum :D
Interesting opinion, I've yet to see the film so I can't comment.
Just an FYI this post is better suited to the Movie Reaction Thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1686 This just means the board doesn't get clogged up with new threads on every film.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:09 pm 
The Pin's Mom

More like Jake's On A Train, am I right?

I haven't seen it either, I just think I'm hilarious.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:08 pm 
Fearless Flyer

I loved it, Andrew.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Maybe it just wasn't for me. I didn't think it was horrible, I was just let down a bit. I was expecting something visionary, something that left you breathless at the end, like Memento for example. I think the other thing that bugged me was that I had been expecting a mystery/noir type of movie with a sci-fi twist.