Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:21 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: Tattoo(s)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:12 pm 
Fearless Flyer

To me, it felt like getting a cat scratch for a long time. Just kind of, yeah, scratchy and annoying. But my tattoo was small. Later in the day it itches a little, and then it's better. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:53 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Kzap wrote:
Can anyone explain the kind of pain/sensation? If that question makes any sense.

Avoid the center of the chest idea at all costs. Pecs okay, sternum ixnay.
The main pain determinant is how much muscle and/or fat is between the tattoo and BONE.
inside the wrist is reasonable as the "only" thing close to the surface is a tendon.
the design you are tending toward (as in the supplied image) is small and made of lines as opposed to areas of color.
A tattoo involving areas of color will be a challenge. For a tattoo larger than the one you have indicated it would be a
good strategy to use linework and multiple colors to allow the artist to spread the work. Solid areas over bone, well ...
ever read Kafka's "In The Penal Colony"? Personally I would not suggest a "statement" tattoo as opposed to a personal
tattoo. Many artists will tell you exactly the same. If you want to make a statement the best thing is your actions or,
barring that, a t-shirt. Believe it or not, 30 years from now something that interests you as a statement now may seem
redundant or obvious like a tattoo that says "I have brown hair."
To get back on point, a tattoo in a well selected area will probably feel like a minor sidewalk scrape that keeps getting
lightly scraped for the duration of the tattoo. Like fingernails on a chalkboard some people can ignore it easily, others not
so much. Be excruciatingly HONEST with yourself. If a tattoo is in any way an effort to socially assimilate, don't go there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:56 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Oh my gosh, Marc. I'm not sure if I've ever seen your tattoo before, but it is SO YOU :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:05 am 
Upper Crust

sarahalyse wrote:
Oh my gosh, Marc. I'm not sure if I've ever seen your tattoo before, but it is SO YOU :D

Right?! I still love it.

Going in for a consultation about my second one on Monday - though I'm actually filming something in a shop tomorrow night, and f I end up getting something small & impulsive while we're there, I won't be terribly surprised.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:59 pm 
The Pin's Mom

I keep waiting for the day I get something small and impulsive, probably on a trip or something. It's gonna happen, but it has it be the right moment...