Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Phone Games
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:30 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

As someone whose gaming experience is essentially limited to a Commodore©, i would appreciate suggestions for
non-violent, low mental impact, unclocked & hopefully semi-edifying games. I plan to use a tablet, so games that
can be played in landscape mode would be especially attractive. MONUMENT VALLEY is on my list.

Others please feel free to use this thread in the normal fashion.

Post subject: Re: Phone Games
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 am 
Upper Crust

A few of my friends are playing this one, but I'm not sure that's your speed. The only game I actually have on my phone is Galcon (Android store link), which I use as a brainless thing to do while waiting for the bus.

Huh. I have "Galcon Light" actually, it looks like the full version allows multiplayer, which sounds a little more engaging. Anyway, phone/tablet games are not my thing for the most part, but I had my one silly addiction to contribute.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 am 
Upper Crust

Yeah, everyone is playing Neko Atsume right now, but I'm not sure it even qualifies as a game? It's pretty relaxing though, if limited in scope.

A good friend of mine helped craft a semi-popular non violent game called Octodad, where you control an Octopus (by individually controlling his tentacles) who is pretending to be a normal suburban father. It recently got ported to iOS and is pretty goofy fun.

Asphalt 8 is a great racing game. Smash Hit is soothing in a way that involves breaking lots of glass. Puzzle wise, I played though a lot of Brain Dots, TwoDots & Skyward. Also classics like Words With Friends (Scrabble clone) and 8 Ball Pool.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:16 am 
Upper Crust

Threes
Shadowmatic
Last Voyage
Kindo
Kingdom Rush
Letterpress
Layer
Skyward
A Dark Room
2 Dots
Plants Vs Zombies

Some of those cost money, but I hate ads so I can't remember if I just chose to pay not to have ads.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:33 am 
Fearless Flyer

That cat one, where Tubbs eats all your cat food. :lol: (I haven't played it myself, but my cousin who mostly lives with us plays it, so I hear about it all day. LOL. She loves it though.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:04 pm 
Upper Crust

I don't play phone games (my phone's not got enough spare memory), but I'm here to tell you all that later this year - hopefully - you'll all get to see and play something that I saw a few months ago. It's gonna be completely revolutionary.

(It's not VR.)

(I haven't signed an NDA or anything but I do feel like I shouldn't talk about it too much.)