Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:34 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 am 
Lapdog

Wow, I just thought he slipped and fell. I had no idea a punch was involved. I suck. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:10 am 
Lapdog

piehouserat wrote:
rcjohnso wrote:
The punch happened when he first found the body, then he came back later and moved it.

I think I'm actually quite proud that one of our main actors is unclear on a plot point.

.... Although Dode later does say "I saw you move the body"...

N.

How this could make perfect sense: couldn't Dode be in the tunnel, see Emily, then see Brendan, then start to run, then punch Brendan when he (Brendan) hears & chases him into the tunnel... and THEN follow B to the library (where my absolutely favorite scene in the movie happens: (tell me to drop it... drop it... but you're thick Brendan...yes I am...), then follow him back and watch him move the body?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:24 am 
Hash Head

heres how I follow it.... Dode is in the tunnel and sees Branden and Emily's body. Branden chases after him and Dode punches him and runs away. Branden goes to school and goes back to the tunnel. Dode could follow him back to school OR he could have just been near the tunnel and seen Branden go back into the tunnel and that was when Dode watched him hide the body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:34 am 
Ass. V.P.

He stuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:24 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

rcjohnso wrote:
He stuck.

As in Dode stuck around and didn't follow Brendan to the library? So here's how I understand what happened:

Brendan found Emily's dead body and Dode was hiding in the tunnel at the time and saw Brendan there. Brendan then realizes someone's in the tunnel and chases after Dode. Dode punches him and is able to get away, and then he sticks around at the tunnel (maybe grieving over Emily). Later he sees Brendan come back and hide the body.

And although it seems weird that Dode would just be hiding in a tunnel I think I have an explanation for that. Perhaps he too was grieving over Emily's death and heard someone coming, so he decides to hide in the tunnel and see who's coming. Maybe he believes that Emily's killer is coming back to the scene of the crime.

Hopefully I finally got this right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:25 pm 
Ass. V.P.

I won't confirm or deny.

But that certainly sounds plausible to me.

8)

Post subject: Re: Did Tug see Brendan?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:06 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

i believe what proryder41 said.

I think Dode punched him out and ran off out of fear, then came back to mourn, but when he came back to mourn he saw brendan move the body.

In the scene before Dode gets shot he sstumbles over his words and says "we've figured you out" which makes me think he was confused about it but all his hash smoking friends and him came up with this silly idea that Brendan did it :)

Sorry to talk to a dead post, just saying my opinion ! :D

Post subject: Re: Did Tug see Brendan?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:09 pm 
The Pin's Mom

No worries about dead threads. It's always good to see people still thinking about the details and working stuff out.

I agree with you, except that "we figured you out" means Dode and Kara. He's her puppet at this point, doing exactly what she says so she can use him for money.