Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:02 pm 
The Pin's Mom

myanne wrote:
sarahalyse wrote:
It just seems like x-raying Christmas presents, y'know?

I'm not going to x-ray it, just do a little echography, see its fingers and toes without trying to know if it's a boy or a girl.

*laughs* Well put, madam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:05 am 
Upper Crust

jcwnah wrote:
You aren't making me feel much better Rian.

Yeah, really, welcome. Glad you've come to share your overall enthusiasm... and directly to the filmmaker no less...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:37 am 
Upper Crust

I will say this of the trailer, although it is different in tone from what we were expecting, I like it a lot. Hell, I love it. I probably watched it 5 times, one after another the day it came out, and often watch it again just because, or to show it to my friends, who also love it. It's by no means a bad trailer, in my mind, it just goes for a different tone then the movie. And maybe that is, dare I say, a good thing. Perhps a wider audience will come in, expecting a simple pop-corn action comedy, and will be pleasantly surprised and rudely awakened by a film that so exceeds their expectations...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:53 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

tsukasa13 wrote:
I will say this of the trailer, although it is different in tone from what we were expecting, I like it a lot. Hell, I love it. I probably watched it 5 times, one after another the day it came out, and often watch it again just because, or to show it to my friends, who also love it. It's by no means a bad trailer, in my mind, it just goes for a different tone then the movie. And maybe that is, dare I say, a good thing. Perhps a wider audience will come in, expecting a simple pop-corn action comedy, and will be pleasantly surprised and rudely awakened by a film that so exceeds their expectations...

I was thinking the same thing about this trailer situation. I don't know if anybody saw In Bruges, but the trailer for this film made it come off as nothing more than an action comedy. If you watch the film it is SO much more than what the trailer portrayed it as. Still, it probably helped the film gain a wider audience. So buck up little campers, look at the bright side of life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:57 pm 
Ass. V.P.

tsukasa13 wrote:
It's by no means a bad trailer, in my mind, it just goes for a different tone then the movie.

That's good to hear. And honestly, it isn't a total misrepresentation of the movie's tone... it's just a representation of one slice of the movie's multiple tones. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:31 pm 
Drama Vamp

Yay. Trailerness!
Im very excited :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:31 am 
Upper Crust

Not that any of us need anything to get as even MORE excited for The Brother Bloom, but I can't help notice a lot of movies do that whole "second trailer" thing. Any chance of a new Bloom trailer, or maybe some tv spots, anytime in the foreseeable future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:33 pm 
Ass. V.P.

tsukasa13 wrote:
Not that any of us need anything to get as even MORE excited for The Brother Bloom, but I can't help notice a lot of movies do that whole "second trailer" thing. Any chance of a new Bloom trailer, or maybe some tv spots, anytime in the foreseeable future?

I don't think so, but there'll be TV spots aplenty...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am 
Upper Crust

I feel pretty retarded for asking this, as I'd like to think I've been around here long enough to know nearly everything about this film, but I can't for the life of me find the name of the song in the second half of the trailer. I know we've discussed it. Anybody?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 am 
Ass. V.P.

"Stagefright" by The Band, the live version off "The Last Waltz." Which, amazingly enough, was the song I imagined for the trailer before I wrote the movie.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:07 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Have you all seen the apple exclusive trailer that's up now? For some reason I like it a lot better. There's only a couple small changes, but I think it flows with the tone of the movie nicer. It could also be that I'm just a sucker for awards and reviews.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:02 pm 
Ass. V.P.

heffness wrote:
Have you all seen the apple exclusive trailer that's up now? For some reason I like it a lot better. There's only a couple small changes, but I think it flows with the tone of the movie nicer. It could also be that I'm just a sucker for awards and reviews.

No I agree actually, and I can't say why. It flows much better than the first one.

We're going to start doing TV ads this week...