Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:33 pm 
Shamus

Another theory: Boom Boom Bloom

Let me tell you a story about how a duo became a trio:

Once upon time Bang Bang looked up her long lost cousin by the name of Boom Boom (the world’s greatest demolition expert) on the internet, and when she found Bloom, she rushed to him, hoping to master that ancient skill (being a nitroglycerine artist, apparently, runs in the family), but ended up conning people. For her that was such a shock, that she barely ever spoke again (she IS a silent partner, right?).

And that’s what you get for trusting internet.

Now, about R.C. Bloom? I know there was a thread around, about the meaning of the C. but I’m too lazy to look it up: can someone refresh my memory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 pm 
Hash Head

Question to Rian and everyone here, even those just lurking and reading, as this contest spins its way toward ...toward.....toward what?

I need some help now. And input. As more and more people are hearing about the contest, and as more and more people are submitting names, the contest has legs, so to speak. I mean, it's happening even now as we type.

So I need some help on these questions:

1. When should the final deadline, DATE, of the contest be?

2. IMPORTANT: Who should judge the contest, in terms of choosing the winning name? Not me, since I am the instigator of the contest and that would not be ethical. I cannot choose the winner, nor can I benefit in any way from this contest. No free tickets for me. The winner should get the free tickets, of course, but how to choose that person or person, and what time to set as final deadline? Maybe we should let Rian Johnson choose the winning entry, since he wrote the script, he knows who BLOOM really is, he in fact knows his first name, and as director, my feeling is that he should choose the winning entry or entries. There could be a winner, and two runnersup.

Or should there be a committee of judges? I feel NO, committees take too much time, too many people, one judge is best. But who? I could do it, if pressed, but I think Rian would be best.

3. Should the studio get invovled with this contest in any way, even a minor way, by providing PR support? OR is it best for the studio not to be involved at all, so that the contest retains its independence and nonprofit status? I am talking about SUMMIT here.

4. What should the prize be for the winning entries, and how many winners should there be? One? Three? Five?

NOTE: we have about 15 entries so far, about 2-3 trickle in every day by email, maybe 10 per week, we might get 100 names by December 15, the tentative deadline.

So I say: HELPME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:03 am 
Upper Crust

westcoast ape wrote:
Ole...because of Ole's Tavern...a surprisingly hip and loud little bar in said San Clemente.

I'd call it "surprisingly loud", but that's just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:14 am 
Upper Crust

Click-click Bloom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 am 
The Pin's Mom

Tick Tick Bloom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 am 
Shamus

Trick Trick Bloom

This is fun! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:02 pm 
Drama Vamp

Justin wrote:
westcoast ape wrote:
Ole...because of Ole's Tavern...a surprisingly hip and loud little bar in said San Clemente.

I'd call it "surprisingly loud", but that's just me.

My definition of hip includes a juke box that doesn't play Lynyrd Skynrd over and over again, and a clientele prone to wearing "funny hats" (defined as any head-covering other than a baseball cap). Okay, so Ole's is barely above dive-bar...but that is saying a decent bit for San Clemente, which features an amazing array of fairly trashy bars.

So, no, not hip as in martinis and mood lighting...

But certainly better than your old-time fave, the Taka-O Karaoke bar. Fiend!

Okay, maybe not "certainly" better. How about "uncertainly within the same range of quality, given individual differences in taste and custom?"

There. Poor Ole is rolling around in his grave by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:58 pm 
Ass. V.P.

westcoast ape wrote:
But certainly better than your old-time fave, the Taka-O Karaoke bar. Fiend!

Richard Roundtree has sung at that bar. PWNED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:59 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Megatron Bloom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:37 am 
Hash Head

New media story re the contest:

Should be on Hollywood Today website tomorrow.

Did you know the man who runs Hwood Today site is Jeffrey JOLSON, who is , yes, the greatgrandson of AL JOLSON, who was somebody famous once long ago....I am not sure if anybody's remembers him now...

here is new story:

http://www.rushprnews.com/2008/10/08/br ... -monentum/

and Hollywood Today story:

http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/2008/10/0 ... -monemtum/

Brody to the Max! -- First-Name Contest Gains Momentum

Brody to the Max! — First name “contest” for Adrien Brody’s first-nameless “Bloom” character in “The Brothers Bloom” gains steam

Last edited by danbloom on Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:00 am 
The Pin's Mom

danbloom wrote:
AL JOLSON, who was somebody famous once long ago....I am not sure if anybody's remembers him now...

"Was" somebody famous? Honey, Al Jolson is still famous. You don't become the biggest star in vaudeville and then star in the first ever talking picture and just get forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:05 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

sarahalyse wrote:
danbloom wrote:
AL JOLSON, who was somebody famous once long ago....I am not sure if anybody's remembers him now...

"Was" somebody famous? Honey, Al Jolson is still famous. You don't become the biggest star in vaudeville and then star in the first ever talking picture and just get forgotten.

"You ain't heard nuthin' yet!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:07 pm 
Hash Head

sarahalyse wrote:
danbloom wrote:

I was KIDDING.....the wink icon did not work, maybe because Sarah Palin stole all over them.....KIDDING about Al Jolson, KIDDING!...(damn those missing wink buttons....) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:04 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

danbloom wrote:
sarahalyse wrote:
danbloom wrote:

I was KIDDING.....the wink icon did not work, maybe because Sarah Palin stole all over them.....KIDDING about Al Jolson, KIDDING!...(damn those missing wink buttons....) :wink:

Were you kidding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:55 pm 
Hash Head

Was I kidding? I am sure I was kidding. But you know, sometimes I kid so much, I even kid myself, and then I lose sight maybe if I was really kidding. It happens. But in this Jolson case, of course, I was kiddink! AL JOLSON is a famous as apple pie. EVERYBODY knows his name.

:wink:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next