Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: A mental health measure
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:34 am 
Ass. V.P.

This was not easy. But after a long talk with a good friend, I decided it had to happen.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:25 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Close eyes, breathe in, breathe out, drink coffee...

Went to see yesterday. Bridgett had a interesting comment. She said it reminded her of twilight, (the book not the movie.) She wanted to be llike him and it seemed a little dangerous, he didn't want her to be tempted.

Also, we went to a 4:30 show and there were about 80-100 patrons. the odd part was the last time I saw that many silver haired (70 plus) folks in one place was a Christmas pageant... Whats up with that?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:43 am 
Hash Head

skaaman wrote:

Also, we went to a 4:30 show and there were about 80-100 patrons. the odd part was the last time I saw that many silver haired (70 plus) folks in one place was a Christmas pageant... Whats up with that?

omg, the same thing happened to us (at Mont. Cin. in NJ). We watched a crowd from the senior center buying tickets with us then they were all in our theater.

The kicker: When the end credits were rolling, and my wife and I were sitting there letting it sink in, enjoying the music and all those Romanian and Slavic names, old man in front of us says to his wife something like "Well that wasn't very good, was it. They said it was like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, but DRS was a way better movie." Then we proceeded to listen to strange disapproving comments from all the old people as we left the theater.

It was one of those reality check moments, where you just sit there scratching head, asking yourself, "did we just watch the same movie...?"

We decided it must be a generational thing, partly. But WHY did they all pick THIS movie? They could have gone to (...the Soloist? well I'm not sure what, but), why Bloom?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

I'd caught the 8:30 show the night it opened and was surprised at the age range in the relatively full house, but then discovered that it's gotten a good review in our own daily here and it was either Bloom or Terminator Salvation.

And the majority of those people stayed for the Q&A and quite a few of them asked questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 am 
The Pin's Mom

Canceling your Google alerts is an important thing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:31 pm 
Hash Head

The theory of "Instant News" was designed by a psychiatrist to drive you crazy. Think abut it. BreakingNews with its horror stories 24/7, instant knowledge of anytime someone mentions your name on the internet... your only choice is to go get more therapy.

Therefore, psychiatrist + person going out of their mind = rich psychiatrist.

Just sayin'.