Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:11 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:12 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

http://www.videobusiness.com/article/CA6672683.html?nid=2705

ummmm.............

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:37 am 
Fearless Flyer

I don't see how this will work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 pm 
Upper Crust

I've been letting this "bounce around" in my head for a few days now....and I'm sorry Rian, but it has to be said:

The people at Summit are morons.

The theatrical release was handled poorly and now this? It is the OPPOSITE of what the consumer wants. Wasn't everyone all a buzz about multi-channel, simultaneous releases (theater, cable, dvd all on same day) not too long ago? They may end up profiting more doing things their way (maybe because of Netflix?) but I'm seriously considering not giving Summit another dime no matter what movies they release, if this is the path they're going to go down. /rant

Yeah, I sound like a self-righteous film-geek, but if no one complained then we'd always be stuck with the status quo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:53 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

yeah...I'm bummed too. if all the extras are included, I will just rent it and pay for it..if no extras, I guess we'll be waiting awhile...

Greg
www.pixartalk.com
www.cameroncrowe.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:44 pm 
Fearless Flyer

DVDTalk reviews the extras-laden DVD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

hey does anyone have any idea as to when we might be able to see bb in little old new zealand ..... seriously, no-one seems to know... arggghhhhh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 pm 
Ass. V.P.

That's a good question about NZ... I'll see if I can find out. Did it come out theatrically there? I know it did in Australia.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

rcjohnso wrote:
That's a good question about NZ... I'll see if I can find out. Did it come out theatrically there? I know it did in Australia.

like not even! and i was really excited about it.
i was telling all my friends about this cool new movie the brothers bloom, but it never came out .... i think some of them thought i was crazy and was just making it up lol ... yanno, just for yucks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:56 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Hey Rian, I don't know if it was my tv or if it was something I hadn't noticed before, but on the bluray there are shots that seem like composites in which the foreground is see-through. At the introduction of the brothers as men, I could see right through Bloom at the fire on the book case. It's when Bloom is explaining the con that they had just committed. And then there was another time when you could see through Stephen's head later in the film. I hope it was just my copy of the film and not a problem with the transfer. Check it out and make sure that it's okay. Everyone else, Let me know if anyone noticed anything when watching it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:12 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Good eyes Kevin - it's not a problem with the disc. We shot Bloom using in-camera filters, and what you're seeing is a double reflection between the filter plate and the camera lens. It's funky but it's an organic photographic artifact. If you look for it closely you can see it in other films. Eyes Wide Shut has some crazy ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:45 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'm surprised I didn't see that on 35. It works because the themes in the film are about the duality of life itself and these characters of course, but I did not see it before. It's a cool effect that the filter has; it made me have a double take. Come to think of it, a lot of the interiors and the lighting actually feel like something out of Eyes Wide Shut. Tell your friend, Steve Yedlin that he outdid himself. I really dig that I've literally seen something new every time I've seen the film.