Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 pm

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 7
Hi all. I'm new to the forums and have lurked for over a couple months. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about BB and look forward to staying up to date about Looper. Have yet to view Brick, but it's on my list of must see movies.

One question I've had since my first viewing of BB is, what brand of sunglasses does Ruffalo wear throughout the film? The costume design in the movie is absolutely superb. I'm a regular guy who could care less about my usual daily attire, but after I saw BB I had to get a hat and those shades! Any help?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:07 pm 
Offline
The Pin's Mom
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am
Posts: 5659
Location: Seattle
Hey, GeekDrifter! It always pleases me when a lurker joins the ranks of Actual Real Posters on the forum. Welcome!

I think Rian or Mark said at some point that those were Mark's own sunglasses that he just happened to wear on set, and Rian liked them. Now, the question is this: after Joe wore his own shoes in Brick, does this constitute a "director trademark"?

Also: good call on the hat. I'd been meaning to get a porkpie for years, and Bloom finally tipped the scales. What did you get?

_________________
@rcjohnso wrote:
I'm way too lazy to ever be truly belligerently insane.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:03 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:18 pm
Posts: 3439
Location: SF
Here's a link to a (very) large screenshot that captures them well. I don't recognize them particularly, but as a refugee from the optical industry I can comfortably say the tint is classic "four year-old black dye faded to a weird shade of red", so given that, I'm slightly willing to bet that they're prescription. I say slightly because there's no distortion of his cheek through the lens, so the power of them (if any) is very very mild.

But the odder thing about that shot is that he's wearing a wedding ring. Subtle backstory or does he just never take it off, even while acting?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:16 pm 
Offline
The Pin's Mom
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am
Posts: 5659
Location: Seattle
Justin wrote:
But the odder thing about that shot is that he's wearing a wedding ring. Subtle backstory or does he just never take it off, even while acting?


OH MAN I NEVER NOTICED THAT. I am now extremely tempted to rewatch the entire movie and see if he's wearing it in any other scenes. </ nerd >

_________________
@rcjohnso wrote:
I'm way too lazy to ever be truly belligerently insane.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:37 am 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 7
Big thanks on the link Justin. I've been trying to find a good high quality image for closer inspection. Appreciate it!

Thanks for the welcome Sarah. It would be a unique trademark, but one I would assume actors wouldn't mind at all. People do some of their best work in comfortable environments. I have yet to purchase my hat, but I will very soon. I'll definitely post a pic of what I come away with.

I never noticed his ring either. Sarah I'm with you, I'd have to rewatch it again. I've seen this movie countless times and can't believe I never noticed that!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 am 
Offline
Ass. V.P.
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 3239
Everyone on set was drooling over those glasses. The lenses were (as far as I can remember) not prescription and they were definitely red red, not just faded black. Mark was mysterious about it. He said they were "custom made." I assumed this translated to "very very expensive."


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 am 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:18 pm
Posts: 3439
Location: SF
rcjohnso wrote:
Everyone on set was drooling over those glasses. The lenses were (as far as I can remember) not prescription and they were definitely red red, not just faded black. Mark was mysterious about it. He said they were "custom made." I assumed this translated to "very very expensive."


Or "found in a thrift store" and he wanted to preserve the mystery.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 7
got an answer to this question from mr. ruffalo himself!


Attachments:
mruffcapture.PNG
mruffcapture.PNG [ 15.74 KiB | Viewed 11467 times ]
Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:20 am 
Offline
The Pin's Mom
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am
Posts: 5659
Location: Seattle
I noticed you follow Rob Sheridan, so I just needed to tell you that I went to high school with him. Wacky!

Please return to your regularly scheduled Internets.

_________________
@rcjohnso wrote:
I'm way too lazy to ever be truly belligerently insane.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:18 pm
Posts: 3439
Location: SF
Now now, no one really cares who went to high school with whom around here. Has little to no bearing on things.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:22 am 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am
Posts: 3
geekdrifter wrote:
Hi all. I'm new to the forums and have lurked for over a couple months. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about BB and look forward to staying up to date about Looper. Have yet to view Brick, but it's on my list of must see movies.

One question I've had since my first viewing of BB is, what brand of sunglasses does Ruffalo wear throughout the film? The costume design in the movie is absolutely superb. I'm a regular guy who could care less about my usual daily attire, but after I saw BB I had to get a hat and those shades! Any help?



I know the costume design was completely phenononal, phenononal? Phenomonal. Gutted Beatrix Aruna Pasztor isn't working on Looper although isn't there a character called Beatrix? Anyway does anybody (Rian) know what brand those white shirts were with the two buttons on the collar that Ruffallo and Brody wore? This probably sounds really sad, but I thought they were really cool. 8) Thanks!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 am 
Offline
Fearless Flyer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:51 am
Posts: 794
Are we saying he's a vampire? Is that the consensus? Because I'm definitely getting that vibe.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:03 pm 
Offline
Ass. V.P.
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 3239
Deckard wrote:
geekdrifter wrote:
Hi all. I'm new to the forums and have lurked for over a couple months. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about BB and look forward to staying up to date about Looper. Have yet to view Brick, but it's on my list of must see movies.

One question I've had since my first viewing of BB is, what brand of sunglasses does Ruffalo wear throughout the film? The costume design in the movie is absolutely superb. I'm a regular guy who could care less about my usual daily attire, but after I saw BB I had to get a hat and those shades! Any help?



I know the costume design was completely phenononal, phenononal? Phenomonal. Gutted Beatrix Aruna Pasztor isn't working on Looper although isn't there a character called Beatrix? Anyway does anybody (Rian) know what brand those white shirts were with the two buttons on the collar that Ruffallo and Brody wore? This probably sounds really sad, but I thought they were really cool. 8) Thanks!


Thanks! I'm not sure the shirt brands, but at some point Beatrix told me how much one of Adrian's white button up shirts was and I choked. It was pricey.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm 
Offline
Cream on the Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 7536
Location: On the lam
Wait, you crashed how many Lamborghinis in the film and you choked over the price of a dress shirt?

_________________
What have future generations ever done for me?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:07 am 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:18 pm
Posts: 3439
Location: SF
That's what he's saying. Lamborghinis, pfah, we've all crashed a few in our day. Quality menswear? That shit'll cost ya.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited