Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm 
Upper Crust

Finally broke down and bought the download of the soundtrack, first time ever doing that technophobe that I am, just love it to pieces.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:43 pm 
The Pin's Mom

tsukasa13 wrote:
For a whirlwind of cinematic, consciousness-altering emotion, try the following:
1. Wait for a dark and stormy night. The darker and stormier, the better.
2. Drive alone, a little too fast, out on the interstate. Preferably towards the storm.
3. Listen to tracks 16-18 (An Empty Stage, Cackle Bladder (Revisited), and The Perfect Con), slightly louder than is comfortable.
4. Head explode
Try it. Let me know when you do.

It's the dark-stormiest night we've had in awhile, complete with thunder and rain. Now if only I had a car...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:42 am 
Annasthesiologist

blueman wrote:
Finally broke down and bought the download of the soundtrack, first time ever doing that technophobe that I am, just love it to pieces.

Thanks! Glad to be part of your first step into digitalia :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Nathan just posted an early, rough version of the "Brothers In a One Hat Town" intro on his Tumblr. I'm likin' it.

http://nathanjohnson.tumblr.com/post/23 ... ric?ref=nf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:16 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Perfection is usually gathered in the unpolished...
I must seriously say; as released, The Brother's Bloom score is amazing! Personally, I was wondering if there will be more of the "rough" pre-final versions of tracks or other "in work" segments (which may/or may not of been used) released eventually? As you know, some of the best compositions come before completion... From experience; there is just something so wonderful about having original recordings before all tracks are set, cleaned, or the variations & changes made to the work. Whether it be fifteen seconds or nine minutes of a jam session, I'm sure many others besides myself would be most grateful to hear so much more via a second or complete release which contains all the contents that didn't make the "official" release currently available. Thruthfuly, though it sounds selfish, I'd love to have it all!!! (Yes, every single piece.) This score is my absolute favorite since Jeff Beal's "Carnivale". (Which I did gather the full recordings.) Thank You kindly for blessing us with your talents Nathan & adding so much to Bloom. I've watched again & again, could not imagine a different vision for the music. Perfect!!! Yet, I'm sure you already know that... :D
Thank You Sincerely for the Time & Consideration.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:23 am 
The Pin's Mom

Nathan, how can you ignore so eloquent a plea?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

While it was a genuine & heartfelt plea... It seems my horrid spelling of "Truthfully" stopped hope of any "eloquence" within the post. Please forgive such a small error & not let it weigh in... *laughs* The awe remains; wanted by further exposure... Thank You kindly for the 2nd motion to press forward. (I did intend to speak as/for the group.) I'll be in your corner next round!

My inspiration for such a request... The absolutely chilling & quite DIY epic videoblog posted on http://brothersbloom.tumblr.com/tagged/music. Are there more of these videos? Will they ever be posted??? Make it look so clean & an experience & a half... The ichat commentary with Ronen-V alone; makes me want to know more of the process in these scoring sessions & hear the other hidden treasures. Thanks Again!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:05 am 
Annasthesiologist

Hello there, and thank you very much for the kind words and the interest (which is as much a compliment as the kind words).

I'm in the middle of a few big projects right now, so my interaction with the internet has been low and slow, however I will keep your request in mind as I'm selecting my Music Monday features over on my tumblr page (http://www.nathanjohnson.tumblr.com).

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:35 am 
Upper Crust

Loved the score Nathan! I think it may be the Cinematic Underground's best work yet. :D

I don't suppose there's any possibility of sheet music/guitar tab? For Penelope's Theme in particular.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:40 am 
Annasthesiologist

Hey Day glo,

A few people have requested sheet music, but unfortunately, we don't have any available (that's not really the way we go about building these scores!)
If you find a transcription of it, let me know!

And thanks for your comments! I'm so glad you liked it!