Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 am 
Upper Crust

Probably the only way any of us will ever see these is if Rian decides to have a popcorn 'n' screening night at his house. Which, while an entertaining idea, is somewhat unlikely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

RETARDED SUPERHEROES! Why is this not a feature?

I have no idea what the premise is, but how could it go wrong.

Since it seems unlikely you'll ever share with the world, could you at least throw out some lines.

The first thing that comes to my mind is that there was a character with the cumbersome outfit of a horse's head and medieval armor. Lumbering around, useless at crime fighting, but always insulted when someone says, 'Oh you must be The Knightmare?' To which he replies, 'No, I'm Henry.'

Please, some lines.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Justin wrote:
Probably the only way any of us will ever see these is if Rian decides to have a popcorn 'n' screening night at his house. Which, while an entertaining idea, is somewhat unlikely.

Give me time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 pm 
Ass. V.P.

It was one of our Shakespeare movies. Or maybe it was Brave New World. Family Feud with San Clemente gangs, and the "joke" was how wimpy they all were, and they're bragging about giving each other paper cuts. Ringing a bell? Maybe it was for Huck Finn...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:03 pm 
Upper Crust

As I think through this, I strongly doubt it was Brave New World, since Tony was in a separate group for that one...I remember this because I had a chance to display the worst camera-handling skills in the history of humanity for his project, which never would have happened if there were trained professionals present.

It must have been Huck Finn: "Heyyyyyyy Rudy!"--one of your finer outings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 pm 
Drama Vamp

I don't remember Huck Finn having the gang sequences, though, considering some of its other, ahem, content, that might have been fitting. The "we're screwed" line is one of the worst delivered lines in amateur high-school film project history, right up there with most of "Far and Away".

And sarahalyse (which, for the longest time, I read as sara_h_alyse, which only made me wonder why you hate alyse so much, because 'h' obviously wasnt' your middle initial or the ultimate letter in your first name, but rather was an abbreviation for 'hate', in much the same way that '13' stands for the letter 'M' which stands for "marijuana", which I just ripped off of the only really good Rugburns song, although they did also write Jewel's biggest hits) if you get a dvd of these things before I do I will have to follow the Portland Protocol: protest on the sidewalks of downtown Portland until I gather an entourage of goth-hippie-punk-dogwalking-trekkers to voice their frothing-at-the-mouth obstreperous rhetoric for the benefit of an on-looking amateur documentarian/civil rights attorney who arrives just in time for the police to condescendingly warn all parties that we really ought to calm down or something might happen moments before some homeless guys show up to 'volunteer' for a warm night in jail. In other words, I won't stop until I get JUSTICE!

I don't remember Retarded Superheroes either. But I was a good drooler, so I would have been well cast.

In fact, come to think of it, I still am a good drooler. Sometimes, when I'm having sex - um, that's a bit graphic, isn't it? TMI? Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:39 pm 
The Pin's Mom

westcoast ape wrote:
If you get a dvd of these things before I do I will have to follow the Portland Protocol: protest on the sidewalks of downtown Portland until I gather an entourage of goth-hippie-punk-dogwalking-trekkers to voice their frothing-at-the-mouth obstreperous rhetoric for the benefit of an on-looking amateur documentarian/civil rights attorney who arrives just in time for the police to condescendingly warn all parties that we really ought to calm down or something might happen moments before some homeless guys show up to 'volunteer' for a warm night in jail. In other words, I won't stop until I get JUSTICE!

Let's be friends.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:23 pm 
Upper Crust

westcoast ape wrote:
I don't remember Huck Finn having the gang sequences, though, considering some of its other, ahem, content, that might have been fitting. The "we're screwed" line is one of the worst delivered lines in amateur high-school film project history, right up there with most of "Far and Away".

And sarahalyse (which, for the longest time, I read as sara_h_alyse, which only made me wonder why you hate alyse so much, because 'h' obviously wasnt' your middle initial or the ultimate letter in your first name, but rather was an abbreviation for 'hate', in much the same way that '13' stands for the letter 'M' which stands for "marijuana", which I just ripped off of the only really good Rugburns song, although they did also write Jewel's biggest hits) if you get a dvd of these things before I do I will have to follow the Portland Protocol: protest on the sidewalks of downtown Portland until I gather an entourage of goth-hippie-punk-dogwalking-trekkers to voice their frothing-at-the-mouth obstreperous rhetoric for the benefit of an on-looking amateur documentarian/civil rights attorney who arrives just in time for the police to condescendingly warn all parties that we really ought to calm down or something might happen moments before some homeless guys show up to 'volunteer' for a warm night in jail. In other words, I won't stop until I get JUSTICE!

I don't remember Retarded Superheroes either. But I was a good drooler, so I would have been well cast.

In fact, come to think of it, I still am a good drooler. Sometimes, when I'm having sex - um, that's a bit graphic, isn't it? TMI? Sorry.

If you ever start drinking coffee, I'd strongly suggest decaf.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Justin wrote:
westcoast ape wrote:

If you ever start drinking coffee, I'd strongly suggest decaf.

I say start mainlining Red Bull and let the games begin!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm 
Drama Vamp

frazzle dazzle. All was meant to be facetious, but perhaps a bit of work-related stress gave it a bizarre edge.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:55 pm 
The Pin's Mom

westcoast ape wrote:
frazzle dazzle. All was meant to be facetious, but perhaps a bit of work-related stress gave it a bizarre edge.

It was awesome, is what it was. Next time I'm in Portland, we need to get you and me and blueman in the same room and see what kind of crazy shenanigans occur.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:10 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

sarahalyse wrote:
westcoast ape wrote:

It was awesome, is what it was. Next time I'm in Portland, we need to get you and me and blueman in the same room and see what kind of crazy shenanigans occur.

If you don't video record it, it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:25 pm 
Upper Crust

sarahalyse wrote:
westcoast ape wrote:

And I've been looking for an excuse to go back up there and drink bee--visit old friends. Have to get a visit to Boston out of the way first, but then GAME ON. Additional bonus: I know where he lives.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:34 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Justin wrote:
sarahalyse wrote:
westcoast ape wrote:

And I've been looking for an excuse to go back up there and drink bee--visit old friends. Have to get a visit to Boston out of the way first, but then GAME ON. Additional bonus: I know where he lives.

AWESOME. Keep me posted.

maxfrost wrote:

And where's the video of you and Justin shooting the shat, hmmmmmmmm?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:38 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

sarahalyse wrote:
maxfrost wrote:

And where's the video of you and Justin shooting the shat, hmmmmmmmm?

You'll have it as soon as we can go back in time with the proper equipment to shoot it.