Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:23 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: (New?) Penelope theory.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

So I was watching the movie again earlier and a new idea suddenly occurred to me, correct me if someone has said this before.

Penelope wasn't in on it from the start, when she stormed out the night she learned she was being conned, that was real. But then she realized that she missed bloom and wanted to be with him. So Penelope finds Steven, possibly by calling BangBang, and comes up with a con of her own. So for 3 months Penelope and Steven come up with the con, to get her back with Bloom.

I think in this way Stevens line about never conning Bloom holds true because it's Penelope's con from this point. Steven doesn't con bloom until the end, where he actually does die.

So Penelope basically hires Steven, saying she'll pay him 1.75 million dollars, the plan being fake russians will take him and play out the way he says in the movie. When they crash the car and Bloom wakes up, it's Penelope that is already awake and pushes the con telling Bloom the russians took Steven.

What they didn't realize is the Diamond Dog was going to cross them, that part wasn't planned, but it didn't hurt the con overall it just fit in.

On another note, shot wise when Penelope first comes to talk to Bloom in Montenegro, which is the start of her con, it is visually very similar to the beginning of the movie when Steven comes to Bloom to begin the original con.

So tell me what you think and if you think it could fit.

Off Topic:
1) Rian, I didn't know you had directed the episode of Breaking Bad when I was watching it, but I knew it was somehow special, it was awesome to find out you were involved.
2) You are the second recommendation by google when you type in "rian", just below rianna, I thought that was awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:06 am 
Upper Crust

Nice theory, I like.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:04 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Ooh, I don't think we've heard this one before. I like it! Good comparison on the visuals when Stephen comes to Bloom and later when Pen does the same. Nicely done!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am 
Ass. V.P.

edge4552 wrote:
1) Rian, I didn't know you had directed the episode of Breaking Bad when I was watching it, but I knew it was somehow special, it was awesome to find out you were involved.

That's awesome, thanks! Really hoping it works out schedule-wise to do an ep in season 4.