Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:22 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:22 pm 
Upper Crust

rcjohnso wrote:
Homespun Festival Logo!!

Just finished planning the film introductions, I think it's going to be fun. ]

I would demand that someone record and post these surely witty introductions and any other discussion of interest, but I just realized I never posted my footage from the Chicago Int. Film Festival, so I have no room to talk...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:39 pm 
Lapdog

So was anybody able to get tickets for the showing hours earlier? I'm going tomorrow and still not sure about the whole "tickets go on sale 15 minutes before showing" - is that true for sure?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:21 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Well, I certainly hope you guys have a good time tonight. Just remember to play nice and don't stay out too late. Tomorrow's a school and/or work day.

Last edited by maxfrost on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:00 am 
Fearless Flyer

OK, I'm back and survived opening night. I showed up a whole hour and a half early after being stood up on a coffee date (yes, you're allowed to shed tears for me), so I felt doubly retarded when I showed up and was the third person in line (well, was third in line until a crowd their friends joined them). kgsullivan ended up directly behind me in line and at some point one of his friends went to count how many people were in line just before they started selling tickets. I think there was a total of 61 people in line or something like that (not nearly enough to be sold out)... and that was about 40 minutes before showtime. But, come showtime the theater was packed (Rian, did it sell out? looked like it came close).

Point is, you should be fine tomorrow if you show up an hour beforehand.

Now, about the night:

a.) tsukasa13, some dude up front was taping Rian's intros with his lil camera, so I'm sure we'll see a Rian Johnson/Christian Bale rap remix on youtube sometime in the near future.

b.) Rian, you are one funny motherfucker. Loved the powerpoint presentations, especially the one with the monkey and the gun.

c.) "The Brothers Bloom". I'm gonna need to see it again to be able to fully take in the intricacies of the story, but I can't say just how enamored I was with the pure joy of the movie. Your love for filmmaking shines through to the last celluloid frame, and thank god you decided to make movies for a living, because you are a talented bastard. If you ever quit directing for a career in hip hop, I swear that myself and everyone else on this forum will give you a severe ass beating. Every neurotic actor in town is going to want to work with you after seeing how much fun you let Rachel have with that role.

//end of brownnose session//

d.) "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" Wow, it's been a long damn time since I last saw this. Probably not since I was a wee one, when it came out in theaters. I didn't remember a thing about it, short of the ending, go figure. Movies have changed tremendously in the last 20 years. Holy shit, just watching these two entirely different (and yet completely similar) movies back to back, really brought the evolution of movies to the forefront.

When it was all said and done, I had a great time - and met SEVERAL people, both from the forums, as well as some familiar faces from past film shoots. It was really a quite bizarre night. Sorry, Sarah... didn't take any pix of the night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Great seeing you there, I'm glad you dug the movie.

It was a really fun night. Looking forward to the rest of the week!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:07 pm 
Fearless Flyer

The night actually kinda reminded me of what Ebert used to do yearly back in my University of Colorado days (obviously, back when he could still talk). Once a year he'd take a whole week during the campus's conference on world affairs, and he would host a movie screening of a single movie (during my two years he did "Fight Club" and "Mulholland Drive" - strangely modern for the usual movies he'd pick). Then the rest of the week would be spent watching the movie shot by shot and just digging into every possible idea he or the audience would come across. Granted, this is nothing like you did last night, but there was an eerily similar feel to it.

We still couldn't figure out all of Mulholland Drive after a week.

Buddy: If you were me, you'd be good-lookin'.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:38 pm 
Upper Crust

Crap, I'm running terribly late. Any chance someone could grab a pair of tickets for me and convince the box office to hold them?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Justin wrote:
Crap, I'm running terribly late. Any chance someone could grab a pair of tickets for me and convince the box office to hold them?

I've got your back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:07 pm 
Upper Crust

How in the hell do unicorns run late?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:09 pm 
Upper Crust

William Goss wrote:
How in the hell do unicorns run late?

A unicorn is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

...or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:42 pm 
Upper Crust

Never mind. Unicorn magic saved the day. 10 minutes away now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm 
Upper Crust

For Sarah:

I'm standing line for tickets behind Joe.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 pm 
Drama Vamp

Blimey, it seems cool out there (however it's colder up here) . But gosh jolly darnet, there'll be a day when I have the cash to spontaneously make the joyride to the LA area....

...right now however robbing banks is unfortunately still illegal in here I think.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 pm 
Shamus

allfivesenses wrote:
For Sarah:

dude she's gonna cut you

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 pm 
Upper Crust

kingofkoins wrote:
allfivesenses wrote:
For Sarah:

dude she's gonna cut you

I think Sarah has to much dignity to cut in line, no matter who she may be sandwiched between. Certain rules of the universe you just have to obey, no cutsies being one of them.

:D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 79 Next