Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:44 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:14 am 
Fearless Flyer

Anyone bringing the shock paddles for Sarah when she explodes after seeing the movie tonight? Or are we just gonna wing reviving her on the spot?

My roomie and myself might be making a stop by the beer-tasting beforehand, at which point you will see two GIANTS (literally) enter the room. Chances are it's my 6'8" roommate Matt and my much smaller 6'3" self. Say hey.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:18 am 
Shamus

rcjohnso wrote:
DrHandsome wrote:
I am not entirely handsome and apart from countless games of Dr. Mario I have no real medical experience.

Having met Dr. Handsome at the Angelika last night, I can assure you all he is being modest.

You just had to embarrass me, didn’t you? It’s true guys: I am in fact a doctor.

Not really...

On another note, should we just start a thread for general discussion on the movie in the 'questions' section? I have a few small thoughts and things but I don't necessarily want to clutter the page with threads for each and every of them.

Last edited by DrHandsome on Sat May 16, 2009 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:24 am 
Upper Crust

Chad Peter wrote:
Anyone bringing the shock paddles for Sarah when she explodes...

Paddles seem sort of counter productive in a case of human explosion. But like many of us, I also am not a doctor.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:02 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Woohoo! Bricker meetup achieved! Kingofkoins/Philip, allfivesenses/Jered, Justin and I had drinks beforehand, then met Chad Peter and Cuimean/Rod at the Arclight. Sadly the "afterparty" ended up just being me, Philip, Rod, and Philip's friend Eli at Canter's, but that was pretty awesome anyway. Lord help me, but their matzo ball soup is almost as good as my grandmother's.
Photos will ensue, but I forgot my camera cable at Philip's apartment and I am currently making use of the free wifi at Starbucks. We got a photo of all of us minus Chad, who sadly disappeared before we wrenched Rian away from his loving public long enough for a photo op. Noah was also at the screening, and Joe showed up for the one afterward. I got to hug them both, which made my girlparts very happy.
TMI?

Meeting so many people I've only known in photos, text and video for three years or more was pretty surreal, but I had a blast. Hopefully I have started a trend, and by the time we have a premiere for Looper we'll have even more out-of-town Brickers all in one place for RianFest 2012!

DrHandsome wrote:
25 points if you can guess where I am in that photo.

Is it THE MUSEUM OF motherfucking JURASSIC TECHNOLOGY, which I went to yesterday with kingofkoins, and is subsequently the coolest thing I have seen in LA thus far? (Sorry, Rian, but I think you understand).

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:46 pm 
Upper Crust

Sounds like an awesome time. Glad to know there was no rape/murder. But the one really important thing your failed to mention: What did you think of The Brothers Brick???

sarahalyse wrote:
and by the time we have a premiere for Looper we'll have even more out-of-town Brickers all in one place for RianFest 2012!

I can guarantee I will be in L.A. at the beginning of 2012 (pending the end of the world0. Count me as the first confirmed guest for RianFest.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:58 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

tsukasa13 wrote:
What did you think of The Brothers Brick???

I know what Sarah thought, but I'm not telling.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:00 pm 
Fearless Flyer

haha, yeah my tall bastard roommate and I bailed a little early, unfortunately. We were pretty exhausted. I never did find Jered in the crowd, though, my former NoHo'er in crime.

400th post!

Buddy: If you were me, you'd be good-lookin'.

Last edited by Chad Peter on Sun May 17, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:25 pm 
Fearless Flyer

damn, sounds like a good time. my ride fell through, and complications arose, alternate routes, brakes were cut, signals crossed, oh well. looking forward to seeing bloom in theater in my hometown in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 pm 
Upper Crust

Chad Peter wrote:
haha, yeah my tall bastard roommate and I bailed a little early, unfortunately. We were pretty exhausted. I never did find Jered in the crowd, though, my former NoHo'er in crime.

I was the one who asked the final question.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 am 
Upper Crust

I'm sorry I didn't make it to Canter's, guys. By the time I was done catching up with some seriously old, but familiar, faces it was after 1:00 and I figured you probably weren't still there, plus I had a long-ass drive ahead of me. But it was good to see everyone, put some faces to the text.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 am 
Ass. V.P.

That was a fun night - I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out more, it's always really weird right after a q&a, and on that night in particular I had a ton of family and old friends in the crowd. PICTURES! PICTURES!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:26 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Yeah, uh huh. I know you guys just don't love me. It's cool. Whatever. Your "friends" and "family" are just more important than me. I get it. It's not like...like I...care...

*runs to her room crying*

From left to right: Rod/Cuimean, Justin, Jered/allfivesense, some guy, me, and Philip/kingofkoins

Apparently when Rian kisses a girl, she turns into a complete moron. Justin was so horrified by the look on my face that he closed his eyes.

At Canter's later, with Rod, Philip, and Eli

I couldn't help myself. Plus I just really wanted some pie. I swear!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:03 pm 
Ass. V.P.

You people are awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:03 pm 
Upper Crust

So which one's the tall fellow?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:53 pm 
Upper Crust

It wasn't out of horror, the damn camera took about 12 minutes to take the second picture, and my eyes were dried out. Dammit.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next