Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:05 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:08 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Should we anticipate a release of the film any time soon here in Britain? I just hope it doesn't become one of those great movies that falls through the cracks over here. One that I have to wait an age to see, at which point when I finally do get around to checking it out, it's via the screen of my laptop on DVD rather than in a cinema.

I'm basically saying i'm willing to throw any kind of money at The Brothers Bloom in order to see it.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Believe me Jack, I wish we had a UK release date. But for various reasons we don't yet.

The good news is, we will. I can't imagine any scenario where the film doesn't get a UK release. It's just taking a little longer than we'd like.

Thanks for the kind words though, and thanks for the patience, and I promise you'll be able to give me your money soon. Oodles of it. All to me. Mwahahaha.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:28 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Well I heard recently on the uk film grape vine, that TBB had been bumped by the producers/distributors in favour of the uk December release of Twilight. n'est-ce pas :?:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:01 am 
Ass. V.P.

Mobbs_47 wrote:
Well I heard recently on the uk film grape vine, that TBB had been bumped by the producers/distributors in favour of the uk December release of Twilight. n'est-ce pas :?:

Nope, we pushed from a December release in the States but it had nothing to do with Twilight, it was because the marketplace was crowded with Oscar movies. We never had a UK release date set.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

I'd also throw a ton of money to the party responsible for a UK release if I could see this movie in a cinema over here. Bearing in mind i'm currently overdrawn and have NO money, that may instead be a ton of I.O.U's, but don't let that change anything.

I missed out on Brick on the big screen, and I would love to be able to fully support the movie and its creators by seeing it how it surely deserves to be seen. Brick was an incredibly important movie for me in terms of helping me decide where I want to be and how I want to get there, and if I can thank Rian by picking up a ticket for this and the eventual BD/DVD release, i'll be right in line.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:04 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Thanks alot Nathan - it's going to happen, it's weird that it hasn't lined up yet, but I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:30 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Any newwwws?

My appetite for this film is sufficiently moistened.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:35 pm 
Ass. V.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwVIZDAUF0

(nope, not yet...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:58 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

I've a permanent sad face here in England.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am 
Upper Crust

And I.

No news at all?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 am 
Ass. V.P.

:( ....

I really wish I had more news. I do not. I haven't given up hope for a UK theatrical release, but so far no distributors are stepping up to the plate. It's a weird time right now for indie film, and each territory has its own quirks, but still, I'm a little stunned that we haven't had even a small release there yet.

Believe me, I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Scotland wants YOU.

Currently writing a profile on Rian/you which is also a plea to bring The Brothers to the UK. To think I was home (in the states) in June and unable to catch it before I came back... reprehensible.

I'm rootin' for ya...

alissa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:50 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Thanks Alissa. It's pretty ridiculous that we're not there yet. Fingers crossed still...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 am 
Upper Crust

Rian, is there any way that some form of petition could be put to use in aid of this cause? If so, to whom would such a list be delivered, and how many signatures would we need?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 am 
Ass. V.P.

Day Glo wrote:
Rian, is there any way that some form of petition could be put to use in aid of this cause? If so, to whom would such a list be delivered, and how many signatures would we need?

That's a cool thought, I'm not sure it would practically help. But let me explore it.