Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 am

All times are UTC-08:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:53 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:49 pm
Posts: 2
I excitedly went to Fandango to buy my tickets to see Bloom today, at long last, and discovered that "wide release" in this case does not mean Gainesville, FL - a surprise to me, since Gainesville usually does pretty well on getting movies.

Nor is it in most of the nearby cities - Jacksonville and Tampa are both nos, and only one theater each in Orlando and Tallahassee.

Now I'm not saying I won't drive 2+ hours to see this movie, but are there more theaters and dates coming? Or do I have a road trip this weekend?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:35 pm
Posts: 2644
Location: Chicago, IL
Rian would know best, but the way I understand it, 150 theaters in the U.S. will be getting Bloom today in addition to however many theaters have already been showing it has part of the limited release. Probably around 200 theaters total? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is as wide a release as planned. It is of course my hope that it will do fantastic this weekend and more prints will go out soon, but I don't know if that's actually a possibility.

_________________
http://www.SuburbanSkiesPictures.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:01 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:49 pm
Posts: 2
tsukasa13 wrote:
Rian would know best, but the way I understand it, 150 theaters in the U.S. will be getting Bloom today in addition to however many theaters have already been showing it has part of the limited release. Probably around 200 theaters total? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is as wide a release as planned. It is of course my hope that it will do fantastic this weekend and more prints will go out soon, but I don't know if that's actually a possibility.


Man, how very lame. Especially since I first heard about the film from a trailer here, where it's not showing. :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 3
I think all the theater owners who aren't showing Brothers Bloom, should have some sort of horrible stomach ache for the rest of their lives. Can someone find a mantra or voodoo chant we can perform to that effect?

_________________
Album to listen to before you die: Coldplay's Viva la Vida
Movie to watch before you die: The Brothers Bloom


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 pm 
Offline
Ass. V.P.
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 11:27 am
Posts: 3239
Yes, there absolutely will be. We will both be added more screens and shuffling the prints around, Brick-style. So if you can be patient, there's a very good chance that Bloom will make it to your town. 8)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:48 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:35 pm
Posts: 2644
Location: Chicago, IL
rcjohnso wrote:
Yes, there absolutely will be. We will both be added more screens and shuffling the prints around, Brick-style. So if you can be patient, there's a very good chance that Bloom will make it to your town. 8)


This is what I like to hear.

_________________
http://www.SuburbanSkiesPictures.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:11 pm 
Offline
Hash Head
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Just a kid from LA.
My friend Brian and I are (semi seriously) joking about using screenings of Bloom as our "places to stop" when we drive down the east coast next week.

(A good film -- better than a cheeseburger and a bathroom)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 pm 
Offline
Hash Head

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 am
Posts: 57
Location: New Jersey
settern wrote:
My friend Brian and I are (semi seriously) joking about using screenings of Bloom as our "places to stop" when we drive down the east coast next week.

(A good film -- better than a cheeseburger and a bathroom)


May or may not be on your route, but Montgomery Cinema in NJ is showing it. Good art house; floors aren't too sticky :)

_________________
"Finally, a circus full of whimsy"


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:35 am 
Offline
Hash Head
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Just a kid from LA.
matfox wrote:
May or may not be on your route, but Montgomery Cinema in NJ is showing it. Good art house; floors aren't too sticky :)


Oh, that's on my route -- I almost got my car smashed to bits there in January by a pinball of an old Chevy. Nothing against Jersey, but... I really really don't like driving there


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:29 am 
Offline
Hash Head

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 am
Posts: 57
Location: New Jersey
settern wrote:
matfox wrote:
May or may not be on your route, but Montgomery Cinema in NJ is showing it. Good art house; floors aren't too sticky :)


Oh, that's on my route -- I almost got my car smashed to bits there in January by a pinball of an old Chevy. Nothing against Jersey, but... I really really don't like driving there


Aren't MA drivers even crazier? Memories of driving through The Big Dig give me cold sweats.

Though, it's true, in Jersey people would just as soon kill themselves and 15 others in a pile-up than let you be in front of them going a mere 65. And blinkers -- What are they? Don't get me started! (I'm not from 'round here, after all; these NJ natives' ways are a bit confusing at times.)

_________________
"Finally, a circus full of whimsy"


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:57 am 
Offline
Shamus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:11 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Los Angeles
matfox wrote:
Aren't MA drivers even crazier?


There's a reason they call MA drivers "Massholes."


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:52 pm 
Offline
Upper Crust
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:58 pm
Posts: 3607
Location: Brooklyn
matfox wrote:
Though, it's true, in Jersey people would just as soon kill themselves and 15 others in a pile-up than let you be in front of them going a mere 65. And blinkers -- What are they? Don't get me started! (I'm not from 'round here, after all; these NJ natives' ways are a bit confusing at times.)

It's true. I'm one of those 'natives,' born and raised... I always use blinkers and signals... And the left lane is for passing only, people! PA and Jersey drivers don't know that rule too well. Ugghh.

And for all the newbies around here: we have an Off-Topic Thread. Use it... because we sure as hell don't. :wink:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm 
Offline
Hash Head

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 10:51 am
Posts: 57
Location: New Jersey
Tough crowd...

Wait, I'm wondering if Bloom will be opening soon in more theaters near me. :?:

_________________
"Finally, a circus full of whimsy"


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm 
Offline
The Pin's Mom
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am
Posts: 5658
Location: Seattle
Two more theaters in the Seattle area this week!

_________________
@rcjohnso wrote:
I'm way too lazy to ever be truly belligerently insane.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:18 pm 
Offline
Pie-Pan Grease
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 10:38 am
Posts: 8
Location: Sunland, CA
A friend of mine here in LA recently said:
The Brothers Bloom. What can I say about that movie. If you haven't heard, it is the story of two con men, including how they got started as kids. I remember having a couple small issues with a plot point, script bit, or a scene, but the movie was so good that I don't remember them. It really is a fun journey. Hopefully it opens even wider, as the art house/indie film theaters won't be able to get it the exposure it deserves.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-08:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited