Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:04 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:53 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I excitedly went to Fandango to buy my tickets to see Bloom today, at long last, and discovered that "wide release" in this case does not mean Gainesville, FL - a surprise to me, since Gainesville usually does pretty well on getting movies.

Nor is it in most of the nearby cities - Jacksonville and Tampa are both nos, and only one theater each in Orlando and Tallahassee.

Now I'm not saying I won't drive 2+ hours to see this movie, but are there more theaters and dates coming? Or do I have a road trip this weekend?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:59 pm 
Upper Crust

Rian would know best, but the way I understand it, 150 theaters in the U.S. will be getting Bloom today in addition to however many theaters have already been showing it has part of the limited release. Probably around 200 theaters total? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is as wide a release as planned. It is of course my hope that it will do fantastic this weekend and more prints will go out soon, but I don't know if that's actually a possibility.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:01 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

tsukasa13 wrote:
Rian would know best, but the way I understand it, 150 theaters in the U.S. will be getting Bloom today in addition to however many theaters have already been showing it has part of the limited release. Probably around 200 theaters total? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is as wide a release as planned. It is of course my hope that it will do fantastic this weekend and more prints will go out soon, but I don't know if that's actually a possibility.

Man, how very lame. Especially since I first heard about the film from a trailer here, where it's not showing. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:51 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

I think all the theater owners who aren't showing Brothers Bloom, should have some sort of horrible stomach ache for the rest of their lives. Can someone find a mantra or voodoo chant we can perform to that effect?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 pm 
Ass. V.P.

Yes, there absolutely will be. We will both be added more screens and shuffling the prints around, Brick-style. So if you can be patient, there's a very good chance that Bloom will make it to your town. 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:48 pm 
Upper Crust

rcjohnso wrote:
Yes, there absolutely will be. We will both be added more screens and shuffling the prints around, Brick-style. So if you can be patient, there's a very good chance that Bloom will make it to your town. 8)

This is what I like to hear.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:11 pm 
Hash Head

My friend Brian and I are (semi seriously) joking about using screenings of Bloom as our "places to stop" when we drive down the east coast next week.

(A good film -- better than a cheeseburger and a bathroom)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:14 pm 
Hash Head

settern wrote:
My friend Brian and I are (semi seriously) joking about using screenings of Bloom as our "places to stop" when we drive down the east coast next week.

(A good film -- better than a cheeseburger and a bathroom)

May or may not be on your route, but Montgomery Cinema in NJ is showing it. Good art house; floors aren't too sticky :)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:35 am 
Hash Head

matfox wrote:
May or may not be on your route, but Montgomery Cinema in NJ is showing it. Good art house; floors aren't too sticky :)

Oh, that's on my route -- I almost got my car smashed to bits there in January by a pinball of an old Chevy. Nothing against Jersey, but... I really really don't like driving there

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:29 am 
Hash Head

settern wrote:
matfox wrote:

Oh, that's on my route -- I almost got my car smashed to bits there in January by a pinball of an old Chevy. Nothing against Jersey, but... I really really don't like driving there

Aren't MA drivers even crazier? Memories of driving through The Big Dig give me cold sweats.

Though, it's true, in Jersey people would just as soon kill themselves and 15 others in a pile-up than let you be in front of them going a mere 65. And blinkers -- What are they? Don't get me started! (I'm not from 'round here, after all; these NJ natives' ways are a bit confusing at times.)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:57 am 
Shamus

matfox wrote:
Aren't MA drivers even crazier?

There's a reason they call MA drivers "Massholes."

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:52 pm 
Upper Crust

matfox wrote:
Though, it's true, in Jersey people would just as soon kill themselves and 15 others in a pile-up than let you be in front of them going a mere 65. And blinkers -- What are they? Don't get me started! (I'm not from 'round here, after all; these NJ natives' ways are a bit confusing at times.)

It's true. I'm one of those 'natives,' born and raised... I always use blinkers and signals... And the left lane is for passing only, people! PA and Jersey drivers don't know that rule too well. Ugghh.

And for all the newbies around here: we have an Off-Topic Thread. Use it... because we sure as hell don't. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm 
Hash Head

Tough crowd...

Wait, I'm wondering if Bloom will be opening soon in more theaters near me. :?:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Two more theaters in the Seattle area this week!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:18 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

A friend of mine here in LA recently said:
The Brothers Bloom. What can I say about that movie. If you haven't heard, it is the story of two con men, including how they got started as kids. I remember having a couple small issues with a plot point, script bit, or a scene, but the movie was so good that I don't remember them. It really is a fun journey. Hopefully it opens even wider, as the art house/indie film theaters won't be able to get it the exposure it deserves.