Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 102  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:37 am 
Upper Crust

Shameless, self-promoting bump, in hopes Rian will take a look and let me know what he thinks.

Eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:20 am 
Ass. V.P.

tsukasa13 wrote:
Shameless, self-promoting bump, in hopes Rian will take a look and let me know what he thinks.

Eh?

Nicely bumped, and nicely done. Great build leading up to the ending. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:11 pm 
Upper Crust

Thanks a ton! It means a lot to me that you enjoyed it.

As for my next project, we'll have to wait and see what inspiration the art museums give on Saturday. If nothing, I'm giving serious consideration to improvising the whole thing. More on that later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:28 pm 
Upper Crust

tsukasa13 wrote:
As for my next project, we'll have to wait and see what inspiration the art museums give on Saturday.

Just don't come out with ideas for more sequels of The Thomas Crown Affair or Night at the Museum... Please...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:13 am 
Upper Crust

I posted a little screen cap from the film I am shooting over the winter break on my site, here it is:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:09 pm 
Ass. V.P.

circuitsnake wrote:
I posted a little screen cap from the film I am shooting over the winter break on my site, here it is:

Wow, that's a beautiful shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Nice! It reminds me of the bit in the park at the end of Kramer vs. Kramer, which really doesn't look anything like your shot, now that I think of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:38 pm 
Upper Crust

Very nice shot... My cinematography professor would definitely give you an 'A' for that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:44 pm 
The Pin's Mom

Ooh, great location. Can't wait to see the whole thing :)

I wish I had a video camera...I think I'm too scatterbrained and disorganized to make a whole film, but I would find really awesome looking locations (like the tunnel) and just have people stand in them, reciting bits from good plays or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:24 am 
Fearless Flyer

sarahalyse wrote:
I think I'm too scatterbrained and disorganized to make a whole film

By saying that you're allowing yourself to be too scatterbrained and disorganized. Just say "I'm gonna make a movie. Period." and do it. Worked for me, and I don't even know what organized means. It's when you got an organ donor, right? They put a new kidney in, so your all organized again.

btw: I'll raise your screenshot with one of my own. A weird movie a friend of mine wrote. I just finished editing it, and it makes no sense at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:09 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

T-jones wrote:
It's when you got an organ donor, right? They put a new kidney in, so your all organized again.

Oooooo, ouch!

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:13 pm 
Upper Crust

T-jones wrote:
sarahalyse wrote:
I think I'm too scatterbrained and disorganized to make a whole film

By saying that you're allowing yourself to be too scatterbrained and disorganized. Just say "I'm gonna make a movie. Period." and do it. Worked for me, and I don't even know what organized means. It's when you got an organ donor, right? They put a new kidney in, so your all organized again.

I'll second that sentiment. Like the ad folks hired by the billionaire say, just do it.

I have similar concerns about my drawing/sculpting abilities, Sarah, always have. My best friend the asshole from hell is the finest artist I've ever known, he can literally create whatever he wants in pencil, clay, ball point pen, whatever. Doesn't matter, he works the medium and creates gold. Fucker. But the jerk can be magnanimous too: he's told me ever since we were kids and he was drawing cartoon animals in the margins of his algebra homework to put Disney to shame (and I was drawing stick figures with boobs, natch)--just do it, words to that effect. Nobody gets better at something by not doing it. Sure there's God-given but beyond that there's simply elbow grease and a helluva lot of it.

Sorry if this got too pep-talky ("Win, Rocky, win!"), but realistically, looking at the filmic "product" out there, I'm pretty sure everybody on this forum could make a decent movie, easy...well, with enough funding. ;) Uwe can be inspirational that way, there but for the caprices of fate go [insert Brickster's name here...like "Sarah"].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

I would think that finding a good location is a great way to start a film project. Find a great location, put two people in that location (doesn't matter who as long as they're interesting), and then ask yourself, "What the f*ck are they doing there?" Script'll sorta start writing itself at that point.

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:32 pm 
Upper Crust

maxfrost wrote:
I would think that finding a good location is a great way to start a film project. Find a great location, put two people in that location (doesn't matter who as long as they're interesting), and then ask yourself, "What the f*ck are they doing there?" Script'll sorta start writing itself at that point.

Exactomundo. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:36 pm 
The Pin's Mom

I didn't mean to come off as self-defeating. I actually did make a short film once; some of you may recall the strange occurence of "Sarah's Sid & Nancy Docudrama." That taught me a good, strong lesson about how much work is involved in making a film. I have a lot of projects on my plate right now, and I have a hard enough time finishing a short story, much less a script which then has to be cast, shot, edited, et al. I'm not saying I am totally incapable of making a film, but I know that right now is not the time, and if I ever did, I'd need a serious support network of people helping me complete it.
Then again, isn't that the nature of film?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 102  Next