Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 pm 
Upper Crust

Jeff Wells wrote:
When I was three years old I saw a neighbor chop a chicken's head off, and then watched as the chicken's body ran around a bit with the arterial blood spurting out. I was a little bit freaked by this, sure, but I didn't faint and probably learned something from it also.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 pm 
Upper Crust

William Goss wrote:
Jeff Wells wrote:
When I was three years old I saw a neighbor chop a chicken's head off, and then watched as the chicken's body ran around a bit with the arterial blood spurting out. I was a little bit freaked by this, sure, but I didn't faint and probably learned something from it also.

Reminds me of Harry Knowles "Doubt" review that goes off into left field:
Knowles wrote:
Of course I sympathized with Hoffman's character - as there was a point in my life where I caught a ranch hand on my mother's ranch stealing tools and guns, and had to go to school. By the time I returned from school, the ranch hand told my mother that he saw me molest my sister - and my mother being an alcoholic emotional wreck, had the ranchhands beat me with riding crops till my back bled while being forced into brutal manual labor with a post-hole digger.

The next day I told her what had happened, the ranch hand in question had left and she discovered that I was telling the truth (as many of her guns had in fact been stolen and tools taken) and I was proved innocent. BUT that doesn't take away the rather terrifying experience that the mere whisper of wrongdoing did and the harsh memories that I will always carry from that experience.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:26 pm 
Upper Crust

allfivesenses wrote:
Knowles wrote:
Of course I sympathized with Hoffman's character - as there was a point in my life where I caught a ranch hand on my mother's ranch stealing tools and guns, and had to go to school. By the time I returned from school, the ranch hand told my mother that he saw me molest my sister - and my mother being an alcoholic emotional wreck, had the ranchhands beat me with riding crops till my back bled while being forced into brutal manual labor with a post-hole digger.

The next day I told her what had happened, the ranch hand in question had left and she discovered that I was telling the truth (as many of her guns had in fact been stolen and tools taken) and I was proved innocent. BUT that doesn't take away the rather terrifying experience that the mere whisper of wrongdoing did and the harsh memories that I will always carry from that experience.

Whoa the fuck?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:07 pm 
Upper Crust

William Goss wrote:
allfivesenses wrote:
Knowles wrote:

Whoa the fuck?

And, like Doubt, there's no proof that Knowles didn't molest his sister. But we'll give him the benefit of the... well, you know...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:17 pm 
Upper Crust

Everyone keeps busting out the Wes Anderson comparison, so I've got to ask, does anyone know if Mr. Anderson himself has yet seem this film, or what he thinks of the remarks that it is made in his "style"? I'm curious...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:21 pm 
Drama Vamp

"What are the chances of running into the same well-known actress twice at totally disparate events over a 24-hour period? And I did figure it would be wussy not to check and make sure what I'd been told was correct. Eat my ass."

It's too bad that the well-known actress wasn't keeping an Appointment in Samarra.

"That's why I was so surprised to see you earlier, knowing I would be killing you at the restaurant later, and I thought, what are the chances of running into the same tactless critic at totally disparate events in the same 24-hour period?"

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 pm 
Fearless Flyer

Wow, I hadn't learned myself the comedy genius of Jeffrey Wells until now. Sweet Jesus!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:17 am 
The Pin's Mom

My favorite part is when he responds to negative comments: he's rude and belligerent, and usually sneaks in at least one obscene comments such as "eat my ass."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:37 pm 
Upper Crust

And the hits just keep on coming.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:11 pm 
The Pin's Mom

I am totally listening to that...on the plane home from LA.

I have been studiously avoiding interviews and reviews until I see the movie, and as such I am going to have so. much. reading material after this weekend.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:33 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

"Snide Remarks" logs in

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:58 am 
Upper Crust

There is a spoiler or 27 in there, so if you want to go in clean, avoid until later.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:08 am 
Upper Crust

Justin wrote:
There is a spoiler or 27 in there, so if you want to go in clean, avoid until later.

Thank you, Justin! I was 20 minute in when I decided to check the forums again. PHEW!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:06 pm 
Cream on the Upper Crust

Q&A with Adrien Brody

No spoilers, but--hell!--I'm the only one who hasn't seen it yet, anyway, so what difference does it make?

THAT'S IRRELEVANT!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:30 pm 
The Pin's Mom

I don't think Olivia has seen it yet. Oh, and neither has my mother.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next