Rian's Forum

A place to discuss Rian's stuff, and stuff that isn't Rian's stuff. Hello!
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC-08:00

Post subject: Re: THE BRAIN THEORY
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 pm 
Ass. V.P.

I'd just like to welcome Paul to the forum. WELCOME PAUL!

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:04 am 
Pie-Pan Grease

Yeah even though the last post was about half a decade ago i nonetheless feel compelled to throw in my two cents on the issue. Much (but not all) of what i'll say has already been posted here but it all ties together so I'll repost.

I most definitely fall into the "brain isn't real" school of thought since i was not only convinced he wasn't real by the end shot in the field but had been toying with the idea all along (because he's called brain and is never seen interacting with anyone other than brendan). That was during my first viewing of it about a year ago. I rewatched it a month ago with "brain isn't real" and it cast a whole new light on brendan. I'll get into that at the end. When i read online that this was a point of contention i was amazed and obsessed with finding definitive evidence one way or another and watched it about 20 times that week to try to find that evidence. I didn't find it. I did however realise there was far more evidence indicating he wasn't real than there was substaniating his existence.

Emily is the only person to say she interacted with brain although she was in a deep personal relationship with brendan and would as such know all the facets of his personality including the high functioning autopilot mode he calls brain.

When brendan asks brain to op for him he says "i need you to op, like with jerr Im caked to this and unlike jerr there's not much chance of coming out clean Im 24/7 on this one." he wants brain to operate his body when he thinks he's asleep.

When brain phones brendan for one of his updates (the call where brendan thinks there's a 30% chance pin will have his knees broken) brendan tells him to stay away from Laura and brain says "i think she's with us brendan" at which point brendan jerks upright saying "you know what, she is" and you can see the form of a person under the blanket of his bed.

When brendan leaves the pins after realising tug killed em he's in a state of mental/emotional and physical collapse and by a massive coincidence that he is unable to contact his brain.

When brendan phones brain after the call from dode he doesn't put any money in the payphone.

Any time he asks brain to do something that would require brain to be somewhere else than where brendan will definitely be- he declines to answer "if i don't call in by 3 call in the bulls" and "Im gonna be out of the pins by 4:15 so at exactly 4:15 you put an anonymous call to the bulls"

Brendan breaks down mid movie physically due to blood loss, swallowed blood and sleep deprivation "you're exhausted and you've swallowed a lot of blood-exhaustion only applies if he wasn't really sleeping (which also explains him breaking

asleep asleep.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:01 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Sorry that last part was meant to read (which explains him freaking out about passing out)
Posting from my phone which some SFB designer decided didn't need any kind of physical navigation system.

Brendan is not a good guy, whether brain is real or not, brendan is still dangerously unbalanced. He breaks into his exes locker and steals her diary, then pickpockets another from her, treats brain like dirt, was possessive of em, is prone to fits of violence and bursts of anger. He's also a rat and a hypocrite for criticising dode for being a "pie house rat".

I had more but will cut it (comparatively) short to save myself a heart attack from screaming at the phone.
I venture that not only is brick not real but that you can see transitions between the two symbolized by stumbling/falling. Here is where and who i mean.

When he beats up brad he's brendan but when he talks to Laura he is brain and the transition is where he stumbles around the corner leans against the wall then suddenly walks again as if everything is ok. I also believe this to be the conversation brain refers to later "nearly shook me upside down, can't say i didn't enjoy it"

When he's on the field with dode he's brain trying to reason his way out of it but when he's at the tunnel he's brendan trying to bully his way out of it by poisoning pin against dode. The transition being the close up of stumbling feet fighting themselves.

When he's in the pins he's brendan willing to gamble his life on bad heroin but when he's outside he's brain-transition being when he falls to the grass outside.

The brain tries to reason his way out and brendan tries to bully (usually physically)and while brain wouldve had to physically leave the car after coming to "drive around the pie house lot so dode gotta go past you to get to the tunnel "

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:06 pm 
Pie-Pan Grease

Please rian just tell me if Im right or wrong. I can accept being wrong. Id sooner brain existed and i knew once and for all than forever obsessing about it. Please, even just a pm saying Im pretty close, just to spare what little sanity i still have

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:34 am 
Upper Crust

hollowgami wrote:
Please rian just tell me if Im right or wrong. I can accept being wrong. Id sooner brain existed and i knew once and for all than forever obsessing about it. Please, even just a pm saying Im pretty close, just to spare what little sanity i still have

Brendan is clearly a crazy person and Brain does not exist. Brendan has somehow convinced himself he doesn't need to go to class and can get home at 4am without his Mom calling. There's no way that he has friends, much less that Brain exists. I mean that's why Emily dumped him in the first place. I'm doubtful that Kara even exists or lapdog for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:33 am 
Upper Crust

Then who was phone?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:02 am 
Cream on the Upper Crust

who drew that, tsukasa13, Donnacha? i used to know. darn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:28 am 
Upper Crust

Neil_Leach wrote:

who drew that, tsukasa13, Donnacha? i used to know. darn.

Probably Donnacha. Ohhh, that reminds me, when I get home I've got to snap a picture of the art he left on my dry-erase board this weekend. Ya'll gunna LOVE it.